Chambers USA 2023 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2023 edition of Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes the Firm with 105 practice rankings, including 48 in Band 1 & 2; and honors 179 Firm lawyers, who were named leading lawyers in the United States, and earned 75 Band 1 & 2 rankings.
Highlights from the 2023 edition include:
Jones Day achieved 18 Band 1 practice rankings, including four Nationwide, and 14 spread across six states, the District of Columbia, and two regional metropolitan areas:
USA Nationwide Band 1 Rankings
- International Arbitration: Highly Regarded
- Labor & Employment
- Product Liability: Tobacco
- Retail: Corporate & Transactional
USA State and Regional Metropolitan Area Band 1 Rankings
- California: Intellectual Property: Patent Prosecution
- District of Columbia: Labor & Employment
- Georgia: Corporate/M&A
- New York: Labor & Employment: Transactional
- Ohio: Antitrust
- Ohio: Banking & Finance
- Ohio: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Ohio: Healthcare
- Ohio: Insurance: Policyholder
- Ohio: Intellectual Property
- Ohio: Litigation: General Commercial
- Ohio: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Ohio Northern: Corporate/M&A
- Pittsburgh & Surrounds: Litigation: General Commercial
Numerous clients commended the Firm's work and lawyers, describing them as "extremely responsive, practical and commercial," "great out-of-the-box thinkers," as well as "true advocates for their clients."
Clients also said:
- "Jones Day is a fabulous firm with top-notch client service."
- "The scholarship of Jones Day is well known, but what impresses me equally is not only that the lawyers are bright and well researched, but the strategy they employ is impeccable. The balance and marriage between scholarship and strategy is what makes them stand out."
- "The collaboration among team members to derive the optimal solution is remarkable."
- "The lawyers are able to handle the most complex and sophisticated matters with ease and skill."
- "In my experience the firm has exceptional lawyers who can handle all varieties of complex matters. It has a deep pool of attorney experience to draw from depending on the nature of the matter."
- "They bring industry-specific knowledge and expertise while also providing pragmatic advice. They have their finger on the pulse of what's 'market practice' and know of all the recent trends and developments within the industry."
- "The team has the strategic knowledge and experience to be able to provide the best strategies for tackling unexpected or complicated procedural issues. The team includes people with varying backgrounds, both industry experts as well as procedural experts."
- "The Jones Day team is incredibly responsive and provides tailor-made guidance at a lightning-fast rate."
Twenty-eight Band 1 Lawyer Rankings
- Mark J. Andreini: Insurance - Ohio
- Bruce S. Bennett: Bankruptcy/Restructuring - California; Bankruptcy/Restructuring - USA – Nationwide
- Theodore T. Chung: Litigation: White Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Illinois
- Richard H. Deane Jr.: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Georgia
- Eric Dreiband: Labor & Employment - District of Columbia
- James R. Dutro: Healthcare - California
- Michelle K. Fischer: Antitrust – Ohio
- Louis P. Gabel: Litigation: White Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Michigan
- Hilda C. Galvan: Intellectual Property - Texas
- Gregory M. Gordon: Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Texas
- Michael J. Gray: Labor & Employment - Illinois
- Calvin P. Griffith: Intellectual Property – Ohio
- Theodore M. Grossman: Product Liability: Toxic Torts - USA – Nationwide
- David A. Grubman: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity - Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh & Surrounds
- Charles W. Hardin Jr.: Corporate/M&A - Ohio: North
- Jeffrey L. Kapp: Healthcare – Ohio
- Jessica Kastin: Labor Relations - USA – Nationwide
- Todd P. Kelly: Healthcare - Texas
- Kathy Keneally: Tax: Fraud - USA - Nationwide
- Michael J. McConnell: Litigation: Securities - Georgia
- J. Bruce McDonald: Antitrust - Texas
- Daniel D. McMillan: Construction – California
- Stephanie E. Parker: Product Liability: Tobacco - USA – Nationwide
- Rachel L. Rawson: Banking & Finance - Massachusetts; Banking & Finance – Ohio
- Geoffrey J. Ritts: Litigation: General Commercial - USA – Nationwide
- Stephen G. Sozio: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Ohio
The Chambers USA rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.