Leading corporations and capital providers have been represented by Jones Day's Los Angeles-based lawyers in their most significant matters for five decades. Our five California-based offices collaborate closely to help clients navigate California's dynamic but challenging business environment.
- Clients are serviced by Jones Day's award-winning litigation practices, which include dozens of trial lawyers highly experienced in complex business disputes, antitrust, intellectual property, government investigations, product liability and toxic torts, class actions, construction, insurance recovery, and labor and employment.
- Lawyers who clerked for the U.S. Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals serve clients in our appellate practice.
- Nationally recognized practitioners represent corporate debtors and creditor fund clients in high-profile bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
- Jones Day offers clients extensive capabilities in health care and life sciences, employee benefits and executive compensation, and cybersecurity, privacy and data protection matters.
- Practice capabilities provided clients are combined with industry-specific knowledge, particularly in consumer products, energy, finance, manufacturing, construction/infrastructure, retail, technology, life sciences, and health care.
- We serve the greater Los Angeles community through pro bono work and service on the boards of numerous organizations, such as Children's Bureau and RAND Institute for Civil Justice.
Patrick Soon-Shiong IC, LLC, Patrick Soon-Shiong IC 2, LLC, and Patrick Soon-Shiong IC 3, LLC acquires St. Vincent Medical Center for $135 million
Luxury department store chain develops employee programming to mitigate spread of COVID-19 within workplace
Large critical infrastructure employer considers implementing COVID-19 testing program for employees
Sloan Kettering and Juno Therapeutics win over $1.1 billion after jury verdict and post-trial motions in patent dispute with Kite Pharma/Gilead involving CAR-T therapy
Non-profit corporation cancels contracts with convention venues and hotels due to coronavirus pandemic
Chevron defeats ATA and ATS claims brought by 298 plaintiffs relating to terrorist attacks in Israel
French Court Orders Insurer to Indemnify Restauranteur's COVID-19-Related Business Interruption Losses
Jones Day partner Daniel McMillan recognized as a 2020 Real Estate/Construction Law Trailblazer by the National Law Journal