Leading corporations and capital providers have been represented by Jones Day's Los Angeles-based lawyers in their most significant matters for five decades. Our five California-based offices collaborate closely to help clients navigate California's dynamic but challenging business environment.
- Clients are serviced by Jones Day's award-winning litigation practices, which include dozens of trial lawyers highly experienced in complex business disputes, antitrust, intellectual property, government investigations, product liability and toxic torts, class actions, construction, insurance recovery, and labor and employment.
- Lawyers who clerked for the U.S. Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals serve clients in our appellate practice.
- Nationally recognized practitioners represent corporate debtors and creditor fund clients in high-profile bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
- Jones Day offers clients extensive capabilities in health care and life sciences, employee benefits and executive compensation, and cybersecurity, privacy and data protection matters.
- Practice capabilities provided clients are combined with industry-specific knowledge, particularly in consumer products, energy, finance, manufacturing, construction/infrastructure, retail, technology, life sciences, and health care.
- We serve the greater Los Angeles community through pro bono work and service on the boards of numerous organizations, such as Children's Bureau and RAND Institute for Civil Justice.
Celebrating 50 Years in Los Angeles
Bold. Disruptive. Transformational.
Fifty years ago, Jones Day recognized that building a truly national firm was the most effective way to meet the needs of a rapidly growing client base. In this short video, current and former Jones Day partners talk about how the successful expansion to Los Angeles in 1973, viewed as bold, disruptive, and transformational at the time, helped establish the template for the collaborative One Firm Worldwide model that remains today.
Jones Day in Los Angeles
A Commitment to Clients, to People, and to the Community.
Los Angeles-based partners reflect on the Firm’s 50 years in Southern California, the numerous practices and services positioned to meet client needs, and why Jones Day’s success is rooted in the strength of its people.
R.J. Reynolds successfully enforces patents in ITC trial against Philip Morris in dispute over cigarette alternative
Adventist Health maintains access to emergency services for Montebello community through chapter 11 sale
Community Medical Centers wins summary adjudication against medical staffing group on breach of contract claim
Celgene wins complete defense verdict in case filed by health insurer, Humana Inc., relating to off-label use of cancer medications