State Attorney General Enforcement, Investigations & Litigation
Successfully Navigating Complex State Attorneys General Issues
With our decades of experience defending against individual and multistate attorney general enforcement actions, investigations and litigation, clients can expect an effective and efficient strategy against traditional and emerging state attorney general efforts.
- Across the broad spectrum of substantive areas of the law, Jones Day has developed deep experience with many of the most significant matters targeted by state attorneys general.
- Our lawyers have a keen understanding of the risks and challenges inherent to state attorney general matters in order to develop and implement effective legal strategies in response.
- Navigating the matrix of individual state laws, subpoenas, demands for information and testimony, and resolution options can be fraught with pitfalls, but may also present opportunities for strategic advancement. Jones Day provides critical insight, counseling and in-the-courtroom capabilities throughout the process to take advantage of circumstances as they arise.
State Attorney General Enforcement, Investigations & Litigation Practice
Jones Day Partners Tony Dias and Courtney Lyons Snyder talk about the formation of the State Attorney General Enforcement, Investigations & Litigation Practice, an area of law in which the Firm has been advising clients for decades, and one that continues to grow in importance to companies doing business in the United States.
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Experian and other national credit reporting agencies resolve investigation by 31 state attorneys general
Hospitality company defends against state attorneys general multistate investigation and public and private litigation related to nationwide marketing and sales practices
Financial services company defends against concurrent investigations by numerous state attorneys general, the Federal Trade Commission, and public and private class action litigation
Jones Day's 2022 Speaker Series: Best Practices for Managing Litigation Risk and Handling a Government Investigation
Rasha Gerges Shields's appointment to the Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners confirmed by L.A. City Council
Jones Day is the most recognized law firm in the 2022 Legal Intelligencer’s Professional Excellence Awards
Before sending, please note:
Information on www.jonesday.com is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. If you send this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.