Investigations & White Collar Defense
Extensive experience in white-collar crime defense
Jones Day has helped clients with many of the most significant U.S. and cross-border investigations and white-collar matters of our era. We offer them many former government enforcement officials and function worldwide as a fully integrated team.
- Clients benefit from our extensive experience defending companies and individuals against allegations relating to all significant areas of white-collar crime.
- We conduct internal investigations into allegations of misconduct.
- Our lawyers have experience in a wide range of criminal and regulatory areas, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), fraud and other financial offenses, antitrust, securities, health care, government contracts, and environmental crimes.
- Clients turn to us for defense in criminal investigations, parallel regulatory investigations, shareholder litigation, state attorneys general actions, licensing inquiries, asset freeze and forfeiture proceedings, civil false claims and qui tam suits, and suspension and debarment actions.
- We provide compliance program counsel.
Areas of Focus
Challenges in the White Collar Space
Ted Chung discusses the challenges companies face in the white collar arena, including increased enforcement activity in the U.S. and internationally, navigating regulations that are unclear, and creating strategies to minimize financial and reputational risk.
A robust global footprint with significant capabilities in the UK, the USA, Australia and China
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Fortune 500 public company assesses its investigation processes and develops enterprise-wide investigations governance structure
Energy company defends investigation into foreign advanced nuclear technology and reactor-project development
Audit committee of large public company conducts investigation into allegations of financial fraud and self-dealing in Mexico
Silicon Valley information technology company investigates its international supply chain and network security
Evidence Collection in Criminal Investigations: Cross-Border Issues and Corporate Employee Considerations