Investigations & White Collar Defense
Extensive experience in white-collar crime defense
Jones Day has helped clients with many of the most significant U.S. and cross-border investigations and white-collar matters of our era. We offer them many former government enforcement officials and function worldwide as a fully integrated team.
- Clients benefit from our extensive experience defending companies and individuals against allegations relating to all significant areas of white-collar crime.
- We conduct internal investigations into allegations of misconduct.
- Our lawyers have experience in a wide range of criminal and regulatory areas, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), fraud and other financial offenses, antitrust, securities, health care, government contracts, and environmental crimes.
- Clients turn to us for defense in criminal investigations, parallel regulatory investigations, shareholder litigation, state attorneys general actions, licensing inquiries, asset freeze and forfeiture proceedings, civil false claims and qui tam suits, and suspension and debarment actions.
- We provide compliance program counsel.
Areas of Focus
Challenges in the White Collar Space
Ted Chung discusses the challenges companies face in the white collar arena, including increased enforcement activity in the U.S. and internationally, navigating regulations that are unclear, and creating strategies to minimize financial and reputational risk.
A robust global footprint with significant capabilities in the UK, the USA, Australia and China
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
International industrial chemicals company conducts internal investigation into alleged improper payments
Investor recovers significant portion of investment after being victimized by cross-border Ponzi scheme
Clients seek advice in connection with criminal investigation and potential criminal and civil claims relating to alleged fraud of over US$1 billion
Your Company vs. the World: What Happens When a Foreign Government Targets Your Company With a Cyberattack
Transforming the Minneapolis Police Department: Reviewing the Minneapolis Police Contract – and Comparing It With Those of Other Cities
Jones Day welcomes former FTC trial counsel Lin Kahn and former Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert Huie to San Francisco, San Diego offices
Jones Day partners Steve Sozio, Laura Laemmle-Weidenfeld, and Rajeev Muttreja recognized in AmLaw’s The Litigation Daily