Investigations & White Collar Defense
Extensive experience in white-collar crime defense
Jones Day has helped clients with many of the most significant U.S. and cross-border investigations and white-collar matters of our era. We offer them many former government enforcement officials and function worldwide as a fully integrated team.
- Clients benefit from our extensive experience defending companies and individuals against allegations relating to all significant areas of white-collar crime.
- We conduct internal investigations into allegations of misconduct.
- Our lawyers have experience in a wide range of criminal and regulatory areas, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), fraud and other financial offenses, antitrust, securities, health care, government contracts, and environmental crimes.
- Clients turn to us for defense in criminal investigations, parallel regulatory investigations, shareholder litigation, state attorneys general actions, licensing inquiries, asset freeze and forfeiture proceedings, civil false claims and qui tam suits, and suspension and debarment actions.
- We provide compliance program counsel.
Challenges in the White Collar Space
Ted Chung discusses the challenges companies face in the white collar arena, including increased enforcement activity in the U.S. and internationally, navigating regulations that are unclear, and creating strategies to minimize financial and reputational risk.
A robust global footprint with significant capabilities in the UK, the USA, Australia and China
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Client facing potential unlawful export and fraud felony charges receives plea deal for misdemeanor and sentence of conditional discharge
Financial services company responds to DOJ investigation into its Paycheck Protection Program loan practices
DOJ Updates Corporate Compliance Program Guidance and Announces New Policy Initiatives and Enforcement Resources
French Law Authorizes Insurability of "Cyber-Ransoms" Paid by Victims, Subject to Prompt Filing of Complaint
Fraud, Electronic Data Sources and Claims to Privilege in the United Kingdom—Lessons From Brian Glasgow v David Ames
Jones Day partner and former Georgia Supreme Court Chief Justice David Nahmias receives award for Judicial Excellence
Former Georgia Supreme Court Chief Justice David Nahmias will join Jones Day as a partner in Atlanta
Before sending, please note:
Information on www.jonesday.com is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. If you send this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.