Investigations & White Collar Defense
Extensive experience in white-collar crime defense
Jones Day has helped clients with many of the most significant U.S. and cross-border investigations and white-collar matters of our era. We offer them many former government enforcement officials and function worldwide as a fully integrated team.
- Clients benefit from our extensive experience defending companies and individuals against allegations relating to all significant areas of white-collar crime.
- We conduct internal investigations into allegations of misconduct.
- Our lawyers have experience in a wide range of criminal and regulatory areas, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), fraud and other financial offenses, antitrust, securities, health care, government contracts, and environmental crimes.
- Clients turn to us for defense in criminal investigations, parallel regulatory investigations, shareholder litigation, state attorneys general actions, licensing inquiries, asset freeze and forfeiture proceedings, civil false claims and qui tam suits, and suspension and debarment actions.
- We provide compliance program counsel.
Challenges in the White Collar Space
Ted Chung discusses the challenges companies face in the white collar arena, including increased enforcement activity in the U.S. and internationally, navigating regulations that are unclear, and creating strategies to minimize financial and reputational risk.
A robust global footprint with significant capabilities in the UK, the USA, Australia and China
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Global transportation company conducts internal investigation into leak of confidential business information
U.S. life science and healthcare company conducts investigation into allegations of fraud and product safety issues
Large metals manufacturer investigates unfair competition and trade libel claims in anticipation of litigation
Natural gas producer defends against environmental criminal charges filed by Pennsylvania Attorney General
A new front in the U.S. government’s war on global corruption: sports doping (Sports Business Journal)
Jones Day partner Karen Hewitt elected president of National Association of Former United States Attorneys