Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement
Significant securities and government experience
Clients have succeeded in securities fraud class actions and shareholder derivative cases against all major plaintiffs' firms. We have also successfully counseled clients in investigations involving every SEC office in the United States and state regulators.
- We defend companies and individuals facing shareholder actions arising from mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions, derivative cases, and securities fraud class actions.
- Clients gain from our deep experience investigating, prosecuting, defending, and trying sophisticated administrative, civil, and criminal securities and commodities enforcement matters.
- Clients benefit from our extensive experience with the fiduciary duty concepts.
- Our lawyers have served in senior positions at the SEC. Two served as chiefs of the Securities Fraud Unit in the U.S. Attorney's office for the Southern District of New York.
Securities and finance litigation powerhouse for the third consecutive year.— BTI Litigation Outlook 2019 Report
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Cintas defends securities lawsuit challenging its financial projections, statements about a recent merger, and regulatory compliance matters
Payment systems company resolves shareholder demand relating to incentive compensation for senior managers
NRCG obtains summary judgment on merger-related claims brought by preferred stockholder in Delaware Court of Chancery
Board of directors conducts internal investigation into related party transactions and workplace environment issues