Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement
Significant securities and government experience
Clients have succeeded in securities fraud class actions and shareholder derivative cases against all major plaintiffs' firms. We have also successfully counseled clients in investigations involving every SEC office in the United States and state regulators.
- We defend companies and individuals facing shareholder actions arising from mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions, derivative cases, and securities fraud class actions.
- Clients gain from our deep experience investigating, prosecuting, defending, and trying sophisticated administrative, civil, and criminal securities and commodities enforcement matters.
- Clients benefit from our extensive experience with the fiduciary duty concepts.
- Our lawyers have served in senior positions at the SEC. Two served as chiefs of the Securities Fraud Unit in the U.S. Attorney's office for the Southern District of New York.
Securities and finance litigation powerhouse for the ninth consecutive year.BTI Litigation Outlook 2021 Report
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Telecommunications company defends ICC and LAMC arbitrations relating to Middle Eastern shareholder disputes
SIFMA requests review of SEC's order granting temporary conditional exemption from broker registration requirements of Section 15(a) of Securities Exchange Act of 1934 for certain activities of registered municipal advisors
Brookdale Senior Living and certain of its officers defend against claims in securities class action
Recent Developments in Shareholder Derivative Litigation Concerning Diversity in Corporate Leadership