Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection
Defending against cybersecurity and data risks
As global concerns about cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy expand, our lawyers remain at the forefront of technology innovation, helping clients understand and mitigate risks to ensure that their business is responsive, compliant, and protected.
- Clients benefit from our in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity breaches, data loss response, disputes and litigation alleging data breaches or privacy law violations, regulatory investigations and enforcement actions, and cyber insurance.
- Clients receive counsel on compliance obligations and their implications in corporate transactions, governance and risk management, and cross-border data transfers.
- Jones Day lawyers offer experience across sectors, including emerging technologies, health care, financial services, retail, communications, manufacturing, and transportation.
- Clients work closely with lawyers on issues related to critical infrastructure, workplace and employee privacy, consumer and telemarketing laws, big data, ecommerce, and the internet of things (IoT).
Jones Day is 'leading the charge on cybersecurity issues … proactively reaching out to help prepare clients for future events.BTI Consulting Group
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Meridian Bioscience agrees to be acquired by SD Biosensor and SJL Partners in $1.53 billion all-cash transaction
Experian defeats FCRA lawsuit in Second Circuit based on holding that alleged legal inaccuracy is not actionable under FCRA
China Finalizes Measures on the Standard Contract for Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information
French Law Authorizes Insurability of "Cyber-Ransoms" Paid by Victims, Subject to Prompt Filing of Complaint
Thirty-three Jones Day lawyers named among Lawdragon's inaugural "500 Leading Litigators in America"
Before sending, please note:
Information on www.jonesday.com is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. If you send this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.