Labor & Employment
Top rated annually by Chambers and Legal 500
Employers' needs in complex employment law and traditional labor law matters in jurisdictions around the world are met by decades of experience from 150 lawyers in our top-ranked practice.
- Clients are counseled on a full spectrum of labor and employment issues—from class actions and other multiparty litigation claims to collective bargaining matters and multiforum labor disputes.
- Clients have declared groundbreaking victories in employment discrimination and wage-hour cases in federal and state courts.
- Clients represented in high-profile labor matters include telecommunications companies, manufacturers, media companies, and rail and air carriers.
- Jones Day lawyers have a record of successfully defending clients in administrative agency proceedings, challenging governmental overreach that threatens the client's business model.
- Multinational clients benefit from our lawyers' seamless partnership with our M&A and Business Restructuring & Reorganization practices on corporate transactions and business transformations across jurisdictions.
Areas of Focus
- Class Action Employment Litigation
- Collective Bargaining & Enforcement
- Employee Benefits Litigation
- Employment & Corporate Transactions
- International Labor & Employment
They are just absolutely on top of their game. They are one of the best, if not the best, labor and employment team I've ever worked with.Chambers USA 2018
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Gig economy company obtains dismissal of putative class action asserting various wage and hour claims
Global defense contractor secures dismissal of lawsuit brought by former Saudi Arabia-based employee
California utility and project management company obtain complete trial victory on whistleblower retaliation claim
Daily Registration of Employee Working Time in the European Union: Practical Recommendations for Employers
Jones Day's Labor & Employment Practice ranked Tier 1 Practice by Chambers, The Legal 500, Law 360, and U.S. News & World Report
Before sending, please note:
Information on www.jonesday.com is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. If you send this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.