Labor & Employment
Top rated annually by Chambers and Legal 500
Leading employers rely on the sophisticated representation provided by Jones Day’s top-ranked Labor & Employment Practice of 130 lawyers worldwide.
- Our lawyers have secured groundbreaking victories for clients in employment discrimination, harassment, wage-hour, and restrictive covenant cases in federal and state courts.
- We provide sophisticated and creative counsel on a full spectrum of labor and employment issues including investigations, reductions in force, disciplinary actions, employment practices, severance agreements, and complex COVID-19 related issues.
- Our lawyers have secured outstanding results for clients in high-profile labor relations matters including collective bargaining, arbitrations, unfair labor practice cases, strikes/ picketing disputes, interest arbitrations, corporate campaigns, and representation proceedings.
- We have successfully challenged government overreach that threatens our clients' business models.
- Multinational clients benefit from our lawyers' seamless partnership with the Firm's M&A and Business Restructuring & Reorganization practices on corporate transactions and business transformations across jurisdictions.
Areas of Focus
- Class Action Employment Litigation
- Collective Bargaining & Enforcement
- Employee Benefits Litigation
- Employment & Corporate Transactions
- International Labor & Employment
- Mass Arbitrations
Chambers USA 2021
...uniformly smart, creative and disciplined problem solvers with strong business sense, absolute client dedication and innovative solutions.
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Flowers Foods wins significant Second Circuit appeal regarding scope of "transportation worker" exemption to Federal Arbitration Act