Issues & Appeals
Innovative arguments lead to landmark wins
Clients benefit from Jones Day's distinction among appellate groups. Our lawyers practice in all courts, from state trial courts to the United States Supreme Court, and possess broad skills and deep experience across a wide range of substantive areas.
- Our lawyers consistently argue for clients in the Supreme Court and in appellate courts. During the past 10 Terms, 16 different Jones Day lawyers have argued 32 cases before the Supreme Court.
- Our experienced advocates include 41 former Supreme Court clerks.
- Clients benefit from deep experience across a wide range of substantive areas.
- Before district courts and courts of appeals, we help shape the record and ensure that issues are properly presented and preserved for appeal.
- Our lawyers reside in offices across the United States, providing clients with local appellate advice and allowing easy integration with local case teams.
- Novel legal issues are solved by working closely with other Jones Day practices.
Issues & Appeals: Solutions for Legal Challenges and Novel Issues
A 'deep bench of experienced appellate lawyers with a strong Supreme Court pedigree,' 'noted for handling high-value business law cases' and many 'Supreme Court victories.'Chambers USA
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Major U.S. airline obtains dismissal with prejudice of "trafficking" claim under the Helms-Burton Act related to partnership involving hotels in Cuba
Jones Day's 2020 Speaker Series: Recent Trends in Consumer and Economic Fraud Class Action Litigation: Arbitration and Settlements
Hot Topics In TCPA Litigation After Barr v. American Association of Political Consultants (U.S. Chamber Litigation Blog)
Sisters in Law: How Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg Went to the Supreme Court and Changed the World
Jones Day partner Yaakov Roth recognized as 2020 Washington, D.C. Trailblazer by The National Law Journal