Business Restructuring & Reorganization
We resolve complex restructuring issues and problems in jurisdictions throughout the world
Debtors, creditors, and other parties involved in business restructurings, out-of-court workouts, chapter 11 cases, and other transactions with financially distressed entities receive a full range of services from more than 100 restructuring lawyers in financial centers worldwide. Clients are provided:
- A full range of restructuring capabilities, including dedicated distress-related resources from other Firm practices, such as litigation, tax, finance, benefits, and M&A.
- Experience addressing diverse issues and dealing effectively with stakeholders in corporate and municipal restructurings.
- Understanding of the business, financial, and legal issues facing distressed businesses, distressed and nondistressed investors, and other parties dealing with troubled debtors.
- Extensive experience on all sides of restructuring matters, enabling our lawyers to see the entire picture and offer valuable perspectives.
- Global knowledge about restructurings in all major money centers, including Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Restructuring experience spanning all major industries.
Areas of Focus
- Board Advisory (Fiduciary Duties)
- Chapter 11 Debtor Representations
- Creditor & Investor Representations
- Cross-Border Restructuring Matters
- Debtor in Possession Financing
Bruce Bennett discusses the Business Restructuring & Reorganization Practice
Maintains an excellent reputation as a global powerhouse with formidable capabilities in reorganizations, workouts and creditor claims.Chambers USA 2017
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Monitronics term lender group participates in comprehensive restructuring and extension of DIP financing for Monitronics International, Inc.
ICWA and JN Taylor Finance (in liquidation) challenge liquidator's decision to review or re-adjudicate a proof of claim admitted over 20 years ago
Senior officers of ICWA and State Solicitors Office of Western Australia obtain orders setting aside liquidator examination summonses and production orders
Sungard AS secured term loan lenders receive $300 million of secured debt and 89% of equity in fast-tracked two-day chapter 11 case
Washington District Court Overturns Approval of Third-Party Releases in a Settlement Agreement and Related Free-and-Clear Sale
Seventh Circuit: Section 363(m) Does Not Moot but Instead Provides a Defense to an Appeal of an Unstayed Bankruptcy Asset Sale Order