Business Restructuring & Reorganization
We resolve complex restructuring issues and problems in jurisdictions throughout the world
Debtors, creditors, and other parties involved in business restructurings, out-of-court workouts, chapter 11 cases, and other transactions with financially distressed entities receive a full range of services from more than 100 restructuring lawyers in financial centers worldwide. Clients are provided:
- A full range of restructuring capabilities, including dedicated distress-related resources from other Firm practices, such as litigation, tax, finance, benefits, and M&A.
- Experience addressing diverse issues and dealing effectively with stakeholders in corporate and municipal restructurings.
- Understanding of the business, financial, and legal issues facing distressed businesses, distressed and nondistressed investors, and other parties dealing with troubled debtors.
- Extensive experience on all sides of restructuring matters, enabling our lawyers to see the entire picture and offer valuable perspectives.
- Global knowledge about restructurings in all major money centers, including Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Restructuring experience spanning all major industries.
Areas of Focus
- Board Advisory (Fiduciary Duties)
- Chapter 11 Debtor Representations
- Creditor & Investor Representations
- Cross-Border Restructuring Matters
- Debtor in Possession Financing
Jones Day is one of the biggest and best for bankruptcy work.Chambers USA 2020
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Adventist Health maintains access to emergency services for Montebello community through chapter 11 sale
Investor Group of Apollo, J.F. Lehman & Company and Hill City Capital acquires Atlas Air Worldwide for $5.2 billion
Kaiser Gypsum and Hanson Permanente's Plan of Reorganization affirmed by Fourth Circuit, holding insurer lacks standing to challenge insurance-neutral plan