Business Restructuring & Reorganization
We resolve complex restructuring issues and problems in jurisdictions throughout the world
Debtors, creditors, and other parties involved in business restructurings, out-of-court workouts, chapter 11 cases, and other transactions with financially distressed entities receive a full range of services from more than 100 restructuring lawyers in financial centers worldwide. Clients are provided:
- A full range of restructuring capabilities, including dedicated distress-related resources from other Firm practices, such as litigation, tax, finance, benefits, and M&A.
- Experience addressing diverse issues and dealing effectively with stakeholders in corporate and municipal restructurings.
- Understanding of the business, financial, and legal issues facing distressed businesses, distressed and nondistressed investors, and other parties dealing with troubled debtors.
- Extensive experience on all sides of restructuring matters, enabling our lawyers to see the entire picture and offer valuable perspectives.
- Global knowledge about restructurings in all major money centers, including Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Restructuring experience spanning all major industries.
Areas of Focus
- Board Advisory (Fiduciary Duties)
- Chapter 11 Debtor Representations
- Creditor & Investor Representations
- Cross-Border Restructuring Matters
- Debtor in Possession Financing
Bruce Bennett discusses the Business Restructuring & Reorganization Practice
Maintains an excellent reputation as a global powerhouse with formidable capabilities in reorganizations, workouts and creditor claims.Chambers USA 2017
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Lucid Trustee Services Limited acts as agent and security agent in £450 million restructuring of Survitec Group
Patrick Soon-Shiong IC, LLC, Patrick Soon-Shiong IC 2, LLC, and Patrick Soon-Shiong IC 3, LLC acquires St. Vincent Medical Center for $135 million
Tenth Circuit: Bankruptcy Trustee May Recover Only the Actual Property (Not Proceeds) Fraudulently Transferred to Subsequent Transferees