Business Restructuring & Reorganization
We resolve complex restructuring issues and problems in jurisdictions throughout the world
Debtors, creditors, and other parties involved in business restructurings, out-of-court workouts, chapter 11 cases, and other transactions with financially distressed entities receive a full range of services from more than 100 restructuring lawyers in financial centers worldwide. Clients are provided:
- A full range of restructuring capabilities, including dedicated distress-related resources from other Firm practices, such as litigation, tax, finance, benefits, and M&A.
- Experience addressing diverse issues and dealing effectively with stakeholders in corporate and municipal restructurings.
- Understanding of the business, financial, and legal issues facing distressed businesses, distressed and nondistressed investors, and other parties dealing with troubled debtors.
- Extensive experience on all sides of restructuring matters, enabling our lawyers to see the entire picture and offer valuable perspectives.
- Global knowledge about restructurings in all major money centers, including Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Restructuring experience spanning all major industries.
Areas of Focus
- Board Advisory (Fiduciary Duties)
- Chapter 11 Debtor Representations
- Creditor & Investor Representations
- Cross-Border Restructuring Matters
- Debtor in Possession Financing
Jones Day is one of the biggest and best for bankruptcy work.Chambers USA 2020
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
LTL Management, a Johnson & Johnson affiliate, files for chapter 11 to equitably and permanently resolve all current and future talc-related claims against it
Nine Point Energy secures trial victory clearing path for successful reorganization through sale of its assets
Minsheng aircraft leasing entities defeat fraudulent transfer and preference claims with presumption against extraterritoriality
Shiloh Industries sells substantially all of its assets to affiliate of Middleground Capital pursuant to section 363 of Bankruptcy Code
Cross-Border Bankruptcy Update: Bad Faith Not a Basis for Denying Chapter 15 Recognition
Confirmation Denied: Chapter 11 Plan Did Not Satisfy New Value Exception to Absolute Priority Rule Without Market Testing
Hertz Bankruptcy Court Weighs In on Make-Whole Premiums, Solvent-Debtor Exception, and Pendency Interest