We litigate, create, and exploit IP assets globally
Jones Day, one of few global firms with a full-service Intellectual Property Practice, offers more than 220 professionals who leverage courtroom skills, strategic business acumen, and technology prowess to win cases, build IP portfolios, and craft innovative solutions for your IP issues.
- Our clients’ business interests in litigation are relentlessly pursued by our collaborative teams, who use extensive trial experience, strong scientific backgrounds, and appellate advocacy at every stage of a case.
- By partnering with clients and learning their businesses, we offer innovative and cost-effective patent strategies and solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Our clients have achieved some of the biggest victories in trial courts (Idenix), Federal Circuit (U.S. Bank), and the U.S. Supreme Court (SAS).
- We counsel clients in the most complex multijurisdictional patent disputes across Europe, Asia, Australia, and the United States.
- We prosecute high-value patent portfolios for some of the world’s largest life sciences and technology companies by using litigation-tested methods.
Areas of Focus
- Copyright Litigation
- Federal Circuit Appeals & Supreme Court Petitions
- Hatch-Waxman, Pharma & Biosimilars Litigation
- Inter Partes Review & Post-Grant Review Before the PTAB
- ITC Section 337 Litigation
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
Intellectual Property Practice
Trade Secrets: An Overview
Effectively managing and protecting trade secrets and confidential information requires a multi-practice, cross-jurisdictional strategy. Jones Day's Intellectual Property partners Randy Kay, Rebecca Swindells, Haifeng Huang, Thomas Bouvet, Christian Paul, and Andrea Weiss Jeffries, along with Firm Labor & Employment partners Steven Zadravecz and Jon Linas, Antitrust & Competition Law partner Marta Delgado Echevarria, and Global Disputes partner Po-Chien Chen, explain the importance of implementing comprehensive policies, practices, systems, and programs to safeguard a company's critical information.
Heavyweight patent litigation on behalf of market-leading clients in electronics, telecommunications and pharmaceuticals. Fields particular experience in bet-the-company IP litigation ... popular choice for cross-border issues.Chambers USA
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Sloan Kettering and Juno Therapeutics win over $1.1 billion after jury verdict and post-trial motions in patent dispute with Kite Pharma/Gilead involving CAR-T therapy
Jones Day partner Ka-on Li named to the Silicon Valley Business Journal's 2020 Women of Influence list