We litigate, create, and exploit IP assets globally
Jones Day, one of few global firms with a full-service Intellectual Property Practice, offers more than 220 professionals who leverage courtroom skills, strategic business acumen, and technology prowess to win cases, build IP portfolios, and craft innovative solutions for your IP issues.
- We relentlessly pursue our clients' business interests in litigation by teaming our most experienced trial lawyers with our scientifically trained patent lawyers and our leading appellate advocates.
- Partnering with clients, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to achieve business objectives.
- We have achieved for our clients, trial wins at the ITC with multibillion-dollar stakes (Reynolds, SK Innovation); several billion-dollar jury verdicts, including the top verdict in a patent case (Juno, Idenix); significant arbitration wins (REGENXBIO); and key successes at the Federal Circuit (Google, J&J, Merck, Takeda, PI Advanced Materials, and U.S. Bank) and the Supreme Court (SAS).
- Clients turn to our One Firm Worldwide approach to litigate complex, multijurisdictional patent disputes across Europe, Asia, Australia, and the United States.
- Applying litigation-tested methods, we develop high-value patent portfolios for some of the world's largest life sciences and technology companies.
Areas of Focus
- Copyright Litigation
- Federal Circuit Appeals & Supreme Court Petitions
- Hatch-Waxman, Pharma & Biosimilars Litigation
- Inter Partes Review & Post-Grant Review Before the PTAB
- ITC Section 337 Litigation
- Licensing & Technology Transactions
Intellectual Property Practice
Women in IP
Jones Day's Meredith Wilkes, Tracy Stitt, and Anthony Insogna discuss the Firm's Women in IP initiative.
Trade Secrets: Jones Day's Global View
Effectively managing and protecting trade secrets and confidential information requires a multi-practice, cross-jurisdictional strategy. Jones Day's Intellectual Property partner Randy Kay, along with lawyers from the Firm's IP, Labor & Employment, Antitrust & Competition Law, and Global Disputes practices, explains the importance of implementing comprehensive policies, practices, systems, and programs to safeguard a company's critical information.
Heavyweight patent litigation on behalf of market-leading clients in electronics, telecommunications and pharmaceuticals. Fields particular experience in bet-the-company IP litigation ... popular choice for cross-border issues.Chambers USA
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
REGENXBIO wins unanimous award of over $33 million issued against former licensee in AAA arbitration
Wolfspeed wins non-infringement jury verdict against patent infringement claims relating to its LED light bulb business
DePuy Orthopaedics obtains Federal Circuit affirmance of patent infringement victory involving its flagship knee replacement product
Puma Biotechnology obtains dismissal of opposition against its European patent relating to treatment for gefitinib/erlotinib-resistant cancers and cancers with T790M EGFR mutation
Merck asserts patent infringement claims under Hatch-Waxman Act relating to Bridion® against 16 generic drug makers