China's top companies call on Jones Day's Hong Kong-based lawyers to help raise capital, plan their expansion, and launch new technologies. Jones Day was the first U.S. law firm licensed to practice Hong Kong law (1996), and our Hong Kong Office has enabled clients to complete landmark transactions in these and other significant business matters for more than 30 years.
- Clients are served by our Hong Kong-based lawyers' experience in capital markets, dispute resolution, intellectual property and life sciences, leveraged finance, M&A, projects, private equity, and real estate.
- Our clients benefit from one of the most dynamic cross-border practices in the region, as recognized by Chambers Asia, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Asia Business Law Journal, and China Business Law Journal, among others
- Our Hong Kong-based lawyers have trained in Australia, mainland China, England and Wales, Singapore, and the United States, among other major jurisdictions
- We understand and engage our clients in different languages, including English, French, German, Mandarin, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean, as well as Cantonese, Shanghainese, and Taiwanese
- We are active in the community, working with the Justice Centre Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Student Aid Society, Variety—the Children's Charity, and many other organizations
Our Work in China: On-the-Ground Support for International Clients
Intellectual Property in China
Cooper Tire & Rubber sold to The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company for approximately $2.5 billion enterprise value
Maxeon Solar Technologies completes public offering of $125 million of Ordinary Shares and concurrent private placement of $33.7 million of Ordinary Shares
Junshi Biosciences collaborates with Coherus Biosciences to co-develop anti-PD-1 antibody and grants options for anti-TIGIT and IL-2 cytokine molecules