Jones Day opened its fourth Australian office in Melbourne in 2018, reflecting our commitment to Australia and the role that Melbourne plays as a financial and industrial center for the country's growing and globally significant economy.
- Melbourne's strong financial services sector—which includes two of Australia's "Big Four" banks, substantial superannuation, and investment funds—is serviced by Jones Day lawyers.
- Our Melbourne-based lawyers focus on the industry sectors in which our clients operate, including numerous leading energy and resources companies that call Melbourne home and Melbourne's world-renowned medical and biotechnology research sector.
- Clients benefit from a wealth of experience in areas including M&A, global disputes, tax, intellectual property, energy, and business restructuring and reorganization.
- Our presence in Melbourne, Australia's industrial capital, provides clients with more comprehensive risk assessment on their global investments and operations, and helps them effectively resolve disputes as they arise.
- Clients receive a seamless experience in relation to their offshore matters by our Melbourne lawyers collaborating with our other three Australian offices in Sydney, Perth, and Brisbane, as well as with our colleagues around the globe.
Our Commitment to Australia and Our Global Clients
Laureate Education sells its Australian and New Zealand operations to Strategic Education for US$642.7 million
Foreign client seeks advice relating to potential domestic and private international law remedies against Australian government
Directors of Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd succeed in having oppression suit referred to arbitration and court proceedings stayed
JobKeeper Wage Subsidy and Workplace Flexibility Arrangements Extended for Australian Employers During COVID-19
Jones Day partner Dr. Niv Tadmore appointed President of International Fiscal Association’s Australian Branch