Jones Day opened its fourth Australian office in Melbourne in 2018, reflecting our commitment to Australia and the role that Melbourne plays as a financial and industrial center for the country's growing and globally significant economy.
- Melbourne's strong financial services sector—which includes two of Australia's "Big Four" banks, substantial superannuation, and investment funds—is serviced by Jones Day lawyers.
- Our Melbourne-based lawyers focus on the industry sectors in which our clients operate, including numerous leading energy and resources companies that call Melbourne home and Melbourne's world-renowned medical and biotechnology research sector.
- Clients benefit from a wealth of experience in areas including M&A, global disputes, tax, intellectual property, energy, and business restructuring and reorganization.
- Our presence in Melbourne, Australia's industrial capital, provides clients with more comprehensive risk assessment on their global investments and operations, and helps them effectively resolve disputes as they arise.
- Clients receive a seamless experience in relation to their offshore matters by our Melbourne lawyers collaborating with our other three Australian offices in Sydney, Perth, and Brisbane, as well as with our colleagues around the globe.
Pro bono client obtains registration and enforcement of judgment of U.S. District Court in Australian Supreme Court of Victoria
ASX-listed non-bank lender agrees enforceable undertaking and resolves civil penalty proceedings brought by ASIC
Australia's High Court Confirms Facebook Page "Owner" Responsible For Defamatory Comments by Third Parties
Jones Day Global Disputes partners Simon Bellas and Kenneth Hickman relocate to Melbourne to bolster construction disputes practice