Jones Day opened its fourth Australian office in Melbourne in 2018, reflecting our commitment to Australia and the role that Melbourne plays as a financial and industrial center for the country's growing and globally significant economy.
- Melbourne's strong financial services sector—which includes two of Australia's "Big Four" banks, substantial superannuation, and investment funds—is serviced by Jones Day lawyers.
- Our Melbourne-based lawyers focus on the industry sectors in which our clients operate, including numerous leading energy and resources companies that call Melbourne home and Melbourne's world-renowned medical and biotechnology research sector.
- Clients benefit from a wealth of experience in areas including M&A, global disputes, intellectual property, energy, and business restructuring and reorganization.
- Our presence in Melbourne, Australia's industrial capital, provides clients with more comprehensive risk assessment on their global investments and operations, and helps them effectively resolve disputes as they arise.
- Clients receive a seamless experience in relation to their offshore matters by our Melbourne lawyers collaborating with our other three Australian offices in Sydney, Perth, and Brisbane, as well as with our colleagues around the globe.
Our Commitment to Australia and Our Global Clients
11:37 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
United Nations University obtains assistance with "Survivor's Package" for survivors of modern slavery and human trafficking
Utility company negotiates gas sales and gas transportation agreements in multiple Australian states
Horizon Global sells Asia-Pacific Business segment to Pacific Equity Partners for AU$340 million (US$233 million)
Sanofi challenges Amgen's patent applications for anti-PCSK9 antibodies before Australian Patent Office
ICWA and JN Taylor Finance (in liquidation) challenge liquidator's decision to review or re-adjudicate a proof of claim admitted over 20 years ago