Maximizing policyholder insurance coverage rights
We are dedicated to helping corporate policyholders in insurance disputes. Our lawyers, whose experience covers all major forms of commercial insurance coverage, have recovered billions of dollars for underlying claims and losses.
- Clients gain our lawyers' extensive experience with insurance issues relating to both traditional and emerging liability risks under virtually all forms of coverage.
- Client matters, in jurisdictions throughout the United States, London, Bermuda, and elsewhere around the world, are handled from more than 30 integrated global locations.
- We are widely recognized as a leading advocate for commercial policyholder rights.
- Clients benefit from our trial and arbitration successes, including key policyholder precedent in numerous reported court decisions.
- Clients can potentially avoid protracted litigation through our extensive claim negotiation experience with virtually every major insurer, which helps foster meaningful early claim resolution discussions.
Ty Childress Discusses Jones Day's Insurance Recovery Practice
Insurance recovery is directly correlated to the exposures that companies face with everything from natural disasters to sudden changes in law. Jones Day Insurance Recovery Practice Leader Ty Childress discusses the management of risk, coverage, and upcoming changes in the insurance industry.
JONES DAY TALKS®: COVID 19 and Business Insurance
Jones Day Insurance Recovery Practice Leader Ty Childress discusses the insurance implications relating to COVID-19, including employee health and safety concerns, the importance of reviewing language, determining what constitutes a "physical loss," and what business operators must do now.
A thriving policyholder outfit handling a broad range of traditional coverage areas as well as cutting-edge issues....Chambers
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Cardinal Health persuades Sixth Circuit to uphold Ohio District Court's remand order in insurance coverage action
Nutrien prevails before South Carolina Supreme Court on post-loss assignment of insurance policy rights
National market-leading pharmacy benefits firm designs and implements sponsored captive insurance solution for employers
Manufacturer recovers from D&O insurer defense costs paid on behalf of individual directors, officers and employees in response to regulatory investigations by SEC and DOJ
Sony Pictures obtains insurance coverage for losses arising from liabilities arising from 2014 cyberattack
Fortune 500 manufacturing company investigates cyberattacks targeting payment card data on eCommerce site
French Law Authorizes Insurability of "Cyber-Ransoms" Paid by Victims, Subject to Prompt Filing of Complaint
Ninth Circuit Rejects Insurer's Attempt to Apply D&O Policy's "Insured vs. Insured" Exclusion to Defeat Coverage
Policyholders Receive Needed Guidance on Use of Extrinsic Evidence in Texas When Enforcing an Insurer's Duty to Defend
Jones Day recognized in four categories in 2023 Legal Intelligencer's Professional Excellence Awards
Thirty-three Jones Day lawyers named among Lawdragon's inaugural "500 Leading Litigators in America"
Before sending, please note:
Information on www.jonesday.com is for general use and is not legal advice. The mailing of this email is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you. If you send this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.