Jason Lissy's practice focuses on insurance coverage, exclusively on behalf of policyholders, and other commercial litigation in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and mediations.
Selected by Law360 in 2017 as a "Top Attorney Under 40" in the insurance law category (one of five attorneys nationwide) and recognized by The Legal 500 as a "Next Generation Lawyer" (2018) and "Rising Star" (2019), Jason has advised policyholders in some of the most complex, high-stakes coverage disputes across the country involving catastrophic property loss and business interruption, builder's risk, directors and officers liability, professional liability, employment practices liability, and commercial general liability claims.
Jason is experienced in all stages of litigation and non-adversarial dealings with insurers, including coverage analysis and claims correspondence, pleadings, written discovery, motion practice, trial preparation, and settlement.
Jason is a member of the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) New York Chapter and the Insurance Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
MF Global resolves dispute with holdout E&O insurers
In a collaboration among its Business Restructuring & Reorganization, Insurance Recovery and Issues & Appeals practices, Jones Day represented MF Global Holdings Ltd. and its affiliates ("MF Global") in litigation against certain dissenting insurance companies that refused to contribute to a 2016 global settlement of multi-district litigation brought by MF Global’s former commodities futures customers.
Celgene resolves False Claims Act case related to alleged off-label promotion of Thalomid® and Revlimid®
Jones Day represented Celgene Corporation in a False Claims Act lawsuit related to allegations that Celgene promoted the cancer treatment drugs Thalomid® and Revlimid® for off-label uses prior to their FDA approval for such uses, and paid kickbacks to physicians in order to get them to promote and prescribe those drugs.
Don't Sleep on This: New York High Court Addresses Scope of "Blanket" Additional Insured Endorsements
- April 2018Don't Sleep on This: New York High Court Addresses Scope of "Blanket" Additional Insured Endorsements
- January 2018New York High Court Confirms No "Blanket Rule" on Reinsurance Limits
- September 2017Maximizing Insurance Recoveries for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
- August 2017CGL Insurance Coverage for Advertising Injuries: Upping the Ante for IP Litigation
- May 2017No More Tears: Insurance Coverage For The "WannaCry" Ransomware Attack
- February 2017New Jersey High Court Finds "Anti-Assignment" Provisions Inapplicable to Post-Loss Insurance Assignments
- October 2016Weathering the Storm: Five Tips for Maximizing Insurance Recoveries for Hurricane Matthew Losses
- September 2016Avoiding the Insurer Bite: Insurance Coverage for Zika Virus Losses
- 2014How to Determine the Citizenship of LLCs (Hint: Keep Digging!), BNA Corporate Counsel Weekly
- Columbia University (J.D. 2011; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar); Swarthmore College (B.A. with high honors 2008; Phi Beta Kappa; Lippincott Fellow)
- New York and New Jersey
Law360 "Rising Star" (2017)
The Legal 500 "Next Generation Lawyer" (2018) and "Rising Star" (2019) in the area of: insurance — advice to policyholders