Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2023 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific guide ranks Jones Day in 37 practices, including four Tier 1 rankings and 109 lawyer rankings. The lawyer rankings include five Hall of Fame lawyers, 20 Leading Individuals, seven Next Generation Partners, and five Rising Stars.
Clients hail Jones Day lawyers as "very responsive, experienced and practical" and "advice is on point, reliable and timely." Additional comments from clients include:
- "Extremely commercial, client-focused and technically outstanding."
- "Clearly the client's interests are their priority and their focus on the best outcomes for us always makes our company feel like JD is always in our corner, part of our team. They are proactive too and we appreciate that as well."
- "Solutions are commercially driven and lawyers understand the needs of the client's business whilst at the same time providing a comprehensive legal analysis of the issues."
- "Always available and have good communication skills."
Jones Day lawyers ranked in Legal 500's Hall of Fame include:
- Jason Chen – Taiwan Dispute resolution; Taiwan Intellectual property
- Thomas T.M. Chen – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- Stephen J. DeCosse – Japan Corporate and M&A: International firms and joint ventures
- Roger Dobson – Australia: Restructuring & Insolvency
- Peter J. Wang – China Dispute resolution: Litigation: foreign firms
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" include:
- Dennis Barsky – Singapore Corporate and M&A: foreign firms
- Matthew Bull – Australia Competition and trade
- Po-Chien Chen – Taiwan Intellectual property
- Thomas T. M. Chen – Taiwan TMT
- Tony Chen – China Intellectual property: foreign firms
- John Cooper – Australia Infrastructure, projects and construction
- Mark Crean – Australia Corporate and M&A
- John Emmerig – Australia Dispute Resolution: litigation
- Haifeng Huang – Hong Kong Intellectual property
- Koichi Inoue – Japan Tax: International firms and joint ventures: Bengoshi
- Sushma Jobanputra – Singapore Banking and finance: foreign firms
- Jean Kuo – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- John C. Lin – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- Ming-Wei Lo – Taiwan Dispute resolution
- Hiromitsu Miyakawa – Japan Antitrust and competition: International firms and joint ventures
- Anthony Muratore – Australia Intellectual property
- Katsumi Shirai – Japan Projects and energy: International firms and joint ventures
- Niv Tadmore – Australia Tax
- Michiru Takahashi – Japan Intellectual property: International firms and joint ventures: Bengoshi
- Raymond H. Wang – Taiwan Capital Markets; Taiwan Corporate and M&A; Taiwan Real estate and construction
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partners" include:
- Jean Kuo – Taiwan Projects and Energy; Taiwan Real estate and construction
- Vinay Kurien – Singapore Banking and finance: foreign firms
- Holly Sara – Australia Dispute resolution: litigation
- Zachary Sharpe – Singapore International arbitration
- Prudence Smith – Australia Competition and trade
- Ben Witherall – Singapore Corporate and M&A: foreign firms; Investment Funds: foreign firms
- Qiang Xue – China Antitrust and competition: foreign firms
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" include:
- Barry Lai – Taiwan Intellectual property
- Peggy Lee – Taiwan Corporate and M&A
- Zara Shafruddin – Singapore International arbitration
- Christopher Slack – Singapore Corporate and M&A: foreign firms
- Yichen Wu – China Antitrust and competition: foreign firms
For 35 years, The Legal 500 has been analyzing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research program revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions. Legal 500's research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivaled experience in the legal market.