Multinational clients in China are served by our Shanghai Office for counsel on foreign direct investment, M&A, disputes, investigations, compliance, IP, antitrust, real estate, and regulatory matters. We also counsel Chinese companies on international investment and contentious matters.
- Our clients benefit from our collaboration with colleagues in Beijing, Hong Kong, Taipei, and around the globe.
- Our Shanghai-based M&A lawyers handle a full range of cross-border transactions involving China for multinational clients, and we also advise Chinese companies on their international investments.
- Our lawyers focus on international arbitration and civil litigation in China, the United States, and Europe. Jones Day assists clients with internal investigations throughout Asia and those involving the U.S. government. We defend Chinese clients in U.S. white-collar criminal cases and overseas disputes.
- Our intellectual property lawyers, with extensive biotechnology experience, handle Chinese IP litigation, cross-border IP litigation, patent prosecution, and invalidity actions. We also work with the Chinese IP agency in Beijing, which handles copyright, trademark, and other non-patent IP matters.
- Jones Day's full commitment to serving our clients is equaled by our commitment to legal development in China. We regularly provide training to Chinese clients and legal professionals. Jones Day has awarded international legal fellowships to 121 law students in Shanghai since 2001.
Our Work in China: On-the-Ground Support for International Clients
Cooper Tire & Rubber sold to The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company for approximately $2.5 billion enterprise value
Chinese financial institution secures early dismissal of breach of contract case filed in New York Supreme Court