Ming-Wei Lo is an expert on Taiwan corporate governance, specializing in corporate governance-related Company Act and Securities Exchange Act litigation. He has represented clients in highly publicized civil and criminal cases involving insider trading, breach of trust, and financial statement fraud. Ming-Wei also advises in corporate control battles and assists Taiwan-listed companies with legal compliance for shareholder and board meetings. Ming-Wei currently is a director of the Taiwan Corporate Governance Association and often speaks on and publishes articles related to corporate governance issues.
Additionally, Ming-Wei assists Taiwan high-tech companies with their trade secrets protection and litigation cases. He has counseled multiple media companies in their license and permit negotiations with government agencies and has represented clients in government litigation, achieving successful results.
The Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017 guide lists Ming-Wei as a notable practitioner for dispute resolution, remarking that he is "regularly engaged by corporate entities and individuals to advise on a broad range of civil and criminal cases" and "experienced."
World Fitness Services raises capital
Jones Day represented World Fitness Services Limited, the owner and operator of the largest fitness center chain in Taiwan, in connection with its preferred financing placement to CDIB Capital.
China Development Financial acquires Taiwan International Securities
Jones Day represents China Development Financial Holdings ("CDFH"), one of the top 10 financial holding companies in Taiwan, in an attempt to acquire and take over Taiwan International Securities Corporation ("TISC"), paid-in capital of which is approximately USD 360 Million.
Served as the defense counsel for partners of an international accounting firm in a civil case involving financial statements misrepresentations.
Won an eminent domain case for a client before the Administrative Supreme Court.
Won administrative proceedings against the government for reacquiring a broadcast charter of a radio station and for obtaining a permit to provide satellite programs for a Hong Kong satellite broadcast and television company.
- May 23, 2019Cross-border Litigation Panel Discussion, The Legal 500: Taiwan Dispute Resolution Forum 2019
- July 31, 2017內線交易, HTC
- July 14, 2017營業秘密, Taiwan Corporation Governance Association
- October 21, 2016營業秘密, ECS Computer
- September 30, 2016金融法規之刑事責任, 勤業眾信會計師事務所
- May 8, 2015內線交易, President Securities Company
- September 28, 2014營業秘密, Taiwan Corporation Governance Association
- 2010AU Optronics Corp.
- 2010內線交易, 友達光電
- 2009The Legal Liabilities of Financial Statements Misrepresentation and Insider Trading, Hon Hai Precision Industry Company Ltd.
- 2009The Reinforcement of Corporate Governance During the Financial Crisis, Monte Jade Science & Technology Association of Taiwan
- 2009Taiwan Mobile Co., Ltd.
- 2009金融海嘯下公司治理之強化, 台灣玉山科技協會
- 2009財報不實與內線交易之法律責任, 鴻海精密工業股份有限公司
- 2008The Association of Industries in Hsin-Chu Science Park
- 2008Post-Master International Marketing Program, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council
- 2008Deloitte Touche & Tomatsu, Taiwan
- 2008The Corporate Governance Association in Taiwan
- 2008內線交易之法律責任, 新竹科學工業園區科學工業同業公會
- 2003The introduction of the Chinese commercial law, Taiwan Trade Organization
- 2003財報不實之法律責任, 中華公司治理協會
- 2003大陸經貿法規, 中華民國對外貿易發展協會碩士後國際行銷班
- 新竹科學工業園區科學工業同業公會, 內線交易
- 社團法人中華公司治理協會, 財報不實之董監責任
- 中華民國對外貿易發展協會碩士後國際行銷班, 大陸經貿法規
- 勤業眾信會計師事務所, 金融法規刑事責任及 財報不實之法律責任
- New York University (LL.M. 2005); National Taipei University (LL.M. 1998; LL.B. 1995)
Chambers Asia-Pacific — leading lawyer in dispute resolution (2017-2019)
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific — leading lawyer in dispute resolution (2014-2019)
- English, Mandarin, Taiwanese