Our Beijing lawyers collaborate with both Chinese and international clients on large and complex transactions and other legal services worldwide. Most of our internationally trained lawyers are Chinese-educated and fully fluent in Chinese and English, with experience working across different cultures.
- Clients served by our Beijing-based lawyers benefit from our extensive experience handling cross-border M&A, private equity investment, international dispute resolution, and regulatory and governmental investigations—including antitrust, FCPA and antibribery investigations, infrastructure, international project financing, intellectual property, and tax—as well as banking and finance transactions.
- Our Beijing lawyers offer clients in-depth knowledge of cross-border investments and financings involving emerging and frontier markets. They collaborate on global transactions, disputes, and investigations with counsel in the United States, Europe, and other countries.
- Jones Day Intellectual Property Agency (Beijing) Co., Ltd. is licensed in China to handle a wide range of copyright, trademark, and other non-patent intellectual property matters.
- Jones Day partnered with Peking University Law School after establishing the "Peking University—Jones Day Chair Professorship for Globalization and Rule of Law" to promote legal education and development in China. For more than 10 years, the office has operated the International Legal Fellowship, which has helped nearly 100 law students pursue future legal careers.
Our Work in China: On-the-Ground Support for International Clients
Intellectual Property in China
Framatome acquires Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear Instrumentation and Control business in France and China
Jones Day Intellectual Property Agency (Beijing) Co., Ltd. ("IP Agency") is a fully licensed domestic intellectual property agency in China. The IP Agency has been formed to meet growing demand for intellectual property consulting services, including trademark and copyright agency services in China, and it allows us to continue to deliver the highest Jones Day quality to our clients.
The IP Agency is licensed to handle a wide range of trademark and other non-patent intellectual property matters in China. The Jones Day IP Agency provides a wide array of services, including advising and implementing enforcement strategies, conducting administrative and other enforcement actions, handling trademark matters before the China Trademark Office and the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board, and attending to Chinese Customs seizures and other administrative actions.
- Intellectual property consulting
3209 China World Office 1
No. 1 Jianguomenwai Ave.