Clients in Tokyo are served by our outbound and cross-border Japanese practice in addition to our strong inbound and broad-based domestic Japan practice. Clients are counseled in M&A, intellectual property, antitrust, tax, global disputes, government investigations, private equity, and real estate.
- Japanese and international businesses are served by our Tokyo Office on domestic and cross-border transactions in a variety of industries such as finance, trading, life sciences, consumer products, technology, automotive, chemicals and industrial materials, real estate, and energy, including renewable energy.
- Our lawyers are experienced in commercial and IP litigation, antitrust, data protection laws, government regulations and related investigations, and the tax implications of local and international transactions.
- Nearly all Tokyo lawyers are bilingual. Some of our lawyers speak three or more languages.
- Local clients, many of which are Japanese companies, are serviced by the Tokyo Office as a local portal to the Firm's international offices.
- Jones Day's Tokyo-based lawyers are active in local bar associations and the Japan Federation of Bar Associations. Our lawyers serve as state-appointed pro bono counsel in criminal cases and offer low-cost legal advice to those in need.
It Isn't Just About Law. It's About Culture.
Skyworks Solutions to acquire Infrastructure and Automotive business of Silicon Laboratories for $2.75 billion
Maxeon Solar Technologies completes public offering of $125 million of Ordinary Shares and concurrent private placement of $33.7 million of Ordinary Shares
Japan's Amended Payment Services Act Could Prompt More Nonbank Entries Into Traditional Banking Services