Clients in Tokyo are served by our outbound and cross-border Japanese practice in addition to our strong inbound and broad-based domestic Japan practice. Clients are counseled in M&A, intellectual property, antitrust, tax, global disputes, government investigations, private equity, and real estate.
- Japanese and international businesses are served by our Tokyo Office on domestic and cross-border transactions in a variety of industries such as finance, trading, life sciences, consumer products, technology, automotive, chemicals and industrial materials, real estate, and energy, including renewable energy.
- Our lawyers are experienced in commercial and IP litigation, antitrust, data protection laws, government regulations and related investigations, and the tax implications of local and international transactions.
- Nearly all Tokyo lawyers are bilingual. Some of our lawyers speak three or more languages.
- Local clients, many of which are Japanese companies, are serviced by the Tokyo Office as a local portal to the Firm's international offices.
- Jones Day's Tokyo-based lawyers are active in local bar associations and the Japan Federation of Bar Associations. Our lawyers serve as state-appointed pro bono counsel in criminal cases and offer low-cost legal advice to those in need.
It Isn't Just About Law. It's About Culture.
Skyworks Solutions acquires Infrastructure and Automotive business of Silicon Laboratories for $2.75 billion
The DOJ and the CFTC Are Focused on Commodities Fraud Enforcement—Are You? Suggestions for Preparing Your Organization
Japan's Amended Payment Services Act Could Prompt More Nonbank Entries Into Traditional Banking Services