Jones Day practices and lawyers recognized in Chambers UK 2023
The 2023 edition of Chambers UK: A Client's Guide to the UK Legal Profession ranks Jones Day in 11 practice areas and recognizes 22 lawyers among the premier lawyers in Britain. Highlights for this year's Guide include Vica Irani, the Firm's European head of M&A, joining Giles Elliott as a Band 1 ranked lawyer in the Corporate/M&A: £100-800m table.
In addition, clients laud Jones Day lawyers for being "very client-focused and pragmatic," and praise their "strong ability to handle complex and sophisticated matters on a detailed level without losing sight of the overview."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "The team's attention to detail and ability to provide a clear path through the complexity was impressive."
- "The team is very client-focused and offers outstanding responsiveness."
- "The team developed a profound knowledge of the facts, context and economics of the case."
- "They provide thorough and consistent advice on a range of complex issues, with good commercial awareness that flows through to the advice and legal work."
- "They have an acute knowledge of market practice, risk and client needs."
Chambers UK 2022 practice rankings include:
- Fraud: Civil
- International Arbitration: Investor-State Arbitration
- Private Equity: Buyouts: Mid-Market
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Competition Law
- Corporate/M&A: £800 million and above
- Corporate/M&A: £100-800 million
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate: £150 million and above
The Chambers UK rankings, based on interviews with lawyers, clients, and third-party experts, look at a broad range of qualities, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial vision and business understanding, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.