Chambers Europe 2023 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2023 edition of Chambers Europe: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day with 54 practice rankings and 90 lawyer rankings. Highlights from the 2023 edition include:
Clients praise Jones Day as "my first choice when it comes to strategic issues," "acting with urgency" and for providing "very concise and clear answers on complex topics." Others note the Firm is "quick, responsive, and extremely friendly problem solvers" who have "great commercial awareness and an ability to understand and digest key issues before offering pragmatic solutions."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "We can always rely on Jones Day at any time and it delivers very structured solutions in short response times."
- "They are extremely smart and sophisticated, and they are very comfortable in international settings as well."
- "Jones Day is composed of senior professionals with broad-ranging expertise, who always respond very promptly and effectively."
- "The lawyers worked well under pressure and provided high-quality work products; they showed very good advocacy and argumentation skills and good understanding of our business, and they are highly capable of summarizing complex technical issues."
- "The firm's attention to detail and ability to provide a clear path through the complexities is impressive."
- "I appreciate the team's expertise considering the complexity of the matters but also its capacity to understand not only our needs but also to understand and adapt the solutions and answers."
- "The Jones Day team are responsive, efficient and skilled at finding streamlined, tailored solutions."
Four Europe-wide rankings
- Arbitration (International)
- International Trade/WTO
- Regulatory: Environment
Jones Day notably achieved four Band 1 rankings in France:
- Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Private Equity: Venture Capital
- Public Law
Twelve Jones Day lawyers ranked in Band 1 in Chambers Europe 2023:
- Emmanuel G. Baud – France: Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright
- Renaud Bonnet – France: Private Equity: Venture Capital
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage – France: Capital Markets: Derivatives
- Philippe Delelis – France: Public Law
- Giles Elliott – UK: Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market
- Mercedes Fernández – Spain: Dispute Resolution
- Vica Irani – UK: Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market
- Françoise S. Labrousse – France: Environment
- Ursula Schliessner – Europe-wide: Regulatory: Environment
- Mario Todino – Italy: Competition/European Law (Lawyers Based Abroad) (Belgium)
- Ate van IJlzinga Veenstra – Netherlands: Investment Funds
- Irene H. Vermeeren-Keijzers – Netherlands: Employment: Pensions
The Chambers Europe rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.