Legal 500 United Kingdom 2024 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
Jones Day earned 19 practice rankings and 97 lawyer rankings in the 2024 edition of The Legal 500 United Kingdom guide. Highlights include four Hall of Fame Lawyers, seven Leading Individuals, nine Next Generation Partners, and four Rising Star Associates, as well as a "Firm to Watch" spotlight in Investment fund formation and management: Private funds.
Clients praise Jones Day for demonstrating an "incredibly impressive marriage of fastidious attention to factual detail and carefully thought-out litigation strategy," and being "very adept at traversing the technical aspects of insolvency law/complex M&A transactions." The Firm is further lauded as "a finely tuned, tireless and client driven team with true global capabilities," that "cuts to the essence of issues and provides legal advice anchored in business decisions."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "They have all the strength-in-depth and resources that you would expect from a massive international operation, but they provide the individual and bespoke service you would hope to find in the very best litigation boutique."
- "Simply exceptional. Depth of coverage, but always with fantastic access to partner-led expert service."
- "Knowledgeable team who have taken time to build up a rapport and understand our business."
- "The team is very client focused, their availability is excellent and the experience closing the deal is world class."
- "The team works incredibly hard, they are proactive and support us extremely well. They are approachable and responsive, which is what we really need."
- "Provide quick, to the point practical solutions based on in-depth knowledge. Able to provide services in several jurisdictions from different offices with the same level of quality with one single contact."
- "Top notch legal and tactical advice from well-seasoned partners."
Jones Day lawyers ranked in Legal 500's Hall of Fame (lawyers widely regarded as being at the very top of the profession, and consistently ranked as "Leading Individuals"):
- Michelle Bradfield: Dispute resolution – International arbitration, and Dispute resolution – Public international Law
- Ben Larkin: Finance – Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Sion Richards: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" (true market leaders, with long-established reputations in their sector, lead roles in multiple recent significant matters, and exceptional, widespread recognition and endorsement from peers):
- Andrew Barker: Real estate – Property finance
- Anna Cartwright: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
- Alistair Grant: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
- Vica Irani: Corporate and commercial – M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £750m+
- Sion Richards: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- David Smith: Real estate – Commercial property: development
- Barnaby Stueck: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partners" (lawyers with (generally) five years or fewer at partner level, significant recognition from clients and peers in the market, and recent lead roles on multiple matters):
- John Crowley: Real estate – Commercial property: development
- Philip Devenish: Dispute resolution – International arbitration, and Dispute resolution - Public international law
- Matthew Peel: Real estate – Commercial property: development
- Laura Pembridge: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
- Hannah Rose: Investment fund formation and management – Real estate funds
- Emily Stew: Real estate – Property finance
- Daniel Travers: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- Annabel Treadgold: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" (associate-level lawyers who appear frequently in significant matters and are widely cited by peers and/or clients):
- Sarah Batley: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- James Fidler: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
- Hannah Plumb: Finance – Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Kirsty Rogerson: Real estate – Commercial property: development
The UK edition of is now in its 37th year. Its rankings are based on interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams; client service; commercial awareness; diligence; and commitment to the client.