Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection
Defending against cybersecurity and data risks
As global concerns about cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy expand, our lawyers remain at the forefront of technology innovation, helping clients understand and mitigate risks to ensure that their business is responsive, compliant, and protected.
- Clients benefit from our in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity breaches, data loss response, disputes and litigation alleging data breaches or privacy law violations, regulatory investigations and enforcement actions, and cyber insurance.
- Clients receive counsel on compliance obligations and their implications in corporate transactions, governance and risk management, and cross-border data transfers.
- Jones Day lawyers offer experience across sectors, including emerging technologies, health care, financial services, retail, communications, manufacturing, and transportation.
- Clients work closely with lawyers on issues related to critical infrastructure, workplace and employee privacy, consumer and telemarketing laws, big data, ecommerce, and the internet of things (IoT).
Challenges Related to Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection
Jones Day is 'leading the charge on cybersecurity issues … proactively reaching out to help prepare clients for future events.'BIT Consulting Group
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
American Residential Services obtains dismissal with prejudice of putative nationwide TCPA class action
BioFire Diagnostics defends trade secret and breach of contract case relating to medical diagnostic technologies
Sony Pictures obtains insurance coverage for losses arising from liabilities arising from 2014 cyberattack
Sony Interactive Entertainment America obtains insurance coverage for cyberattack on online gaming network
KMA obtains complete dismissal of putative class/representative action relating to consumer data collection practices
Fortune 500 manufacturing company investigates cyberattacks targeting payment card data on eCommerce site