Legal 500 United Kingdom 2023 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
Jones Day earned 16 practice rankings and 70 lawyer rankings in the 2023 edition of The Legal 500 United Kingdom guide. Highlights include three Hall of Fame lawyers, seven Leading Individuals, six Next Generation Partners, and three Associate Rising Stars.
Clients praise Jones Day for its "…accessible, practical and knowledgeable team" who "tailor work to the client and are strong negotiators with commercial perspectives" and offer a "fantastic combination of industry knowledge and legal expertise."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "The team is excellent. The lawyers are particularly good at drawing on international resources, as well as being highly experienced and committed individuals."
- "They are top performers from partner level down to associate level. Responsive and clear in their advice and directions."
- "Jones Day has a lot of depth and manages large complex international cases well with a strong team in London. A great professional outfit and a pleasure to work with."
- "Jones Day is a preferred firm for sophisticated, complicated and/or cross-border matters. The Jones Day team is very affable and extremely capable. Their global approach fosters seamless advice across practices and offices without exception and it is clear that their primary focus is client service, responsiveness, giving practical and efficient advice and making transactions as easy for us as possible."
Jones Day lawyers ranked in Legal 500's Hall of Fame include:
- Michelle Bradfield: Dispute resolution – International arbitration, and Dispute resolution – Public international Law
- Ben Larkin: Finance – Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Sion Richards: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" include:
- Andrew Barker: Real estate – Property finance
- Anna Cartwright: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
- Alistair Grant: Real estate – Commercial property: investment
- Vica Irani: Corporate and commercial – M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Sion Richards: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- David Smith: Real estate – Commercial property: development
- Barnaby Stueck: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partners" include:
- Philip Devenish: Dispute resolution – Public international law
- Hannah Rose: Investment fund formation and management – Real estate funds
- Emily Stew: Real estate – Property finance
- Sylvia Tonova: Dispute resolution – International arbitration
- Daniel Travers: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- Annabel Treadgold: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" include:
- Sarah Batley: Dispute resolution – Commercial litigation: premium
- James Fidler: Crime, fraud and licensing – Fraud: civil
- Kirsty Rogerson: Real estate – Commercial property: development
The UK edition of The Legal 500 is now in its 36th year and, like the other established editions of the guide, is relied upon by millions of buyers of legal services worldwide when they need to instruct outside counsel. The Legal 500 rankings are based on thousands of interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams; client service; commercial awareness; diligence; and commitment to the client.