Issues & Appeals
Innovative arguments lead to landmark wins
Clients benefit from Jones Day's distinction among appellate groups. Our lawyers practice in all courts, from state trial courts to the United States Supreme Court, and possess broad skills and deep experience across a wide range of substantive areas.
- Our lawyers consistently argue for clients in the Supreme Court and in appellate courts. During the past 10 Terms, 16 different Jones Day lawyers have argued 32 cases before the Supreme Court.
- Our experienced advocates include 41 former Supreme Court clerks.
- Clients benefit from deep experience across a wide range of substantive areas.
- Before district courts and courts of appeals, we help shape the record and ensure that issues are properly presented and preserved for appeal.
- Our lawyers reside in offices across the United States, providing clients with local appellate advice and allowing easy integration with local case teams.
- Novel legal issues are solved by working closely with other Jones Day practices.
Issues & Appeals: Solutions for Legal Challenges and Novel Issues
A 'deep bench of experienced appellate lawyers with a strong Supreme Court pedigree,' 'noted for handling high-value business law cases' and many 'Supreme Court victories.'Chambers USA
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Lowe's obtains Washington Supreme Court judgment allowing refund of taxes paid on defaulted PLCC credit sales
Paul Klemm obtains Supreme Court victory in statute-of-limitations case with wide-ranging implications
Republican House leaders and Financial Services Committee members argue that Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's structure violates Constitution's separation of powers