Jones Day tops BTI All-Star list for second year in a row
For the second consecutive year, Jones Day tops the list of BTI Client Service All-Stars with 13 attorneys—more than any other law firm in the report. BTI does not accept law firm submissions, self-referrals or suggestions for inclusion in the report, but bases the rankings on interviews with top legal decision makers at large organizations with over $700 million in annual revenue.
Four Jones Day lawyers are BTI "MVPs" for having consecutive-year inclusion: Jeff Jones—four consecutive years, Scott Cowan and Stephanie Parker—three consecutive years, and Steve Cottreau—two consecutive years.
The 13 Jones Day lawyers named as 2023 BTI Client Service All-Stars are:
- Bruce Bennett – Business Restructuring & Reorganization, Los Angeles & New York
- Steven T. Cottreau (MVP 2 years) – Government Regulation, Washington
- Scott W. Cowan (MVP 3 years) – Business & Tort Litigation, Houston
- Marjorie P. Duffy – Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement, Columbus
- Alexis S. Gilroy – Health Care & Life Sciences, Washington & Atlanta
- Michael A. Gleason – Antitrust & Competition Law, Washington
- Jeffrey J. Jones (MVP 4 years) – Business & Tort Litigation, Detroit & Columbus
- Christopher Lovrien – Business & Tort Litigation, Los Angeles
- Yvette McGee Brown – Business & Tort Litigation, Columbus & Cleveland
- Stephanie E. Parker (MVP 3 years) – Business & Tort Litigation, Atlanta
- Geoffrey J. Ritts – Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement, Cleveland
- Jane Rue Wittstein – Business Restructuring & Reorganization, New York
- Adam W. Wiers – Business & Tort Litigation, Chicago
BTI All-Stars criteria:
- Solutions Instead of Scope ("put together teams and resources to meet a multitude of client needs");
- Simplifies ("short, clear recommendations with minimal legalese, easily forwarded to C-Suite and Business Units");
- Practical ("avoid theory and stick to step-by-step actions with a focus on the here and now");
- Situational Responsiveness ("clients have short windows to respond and All-Stars find ways to meet urgency – bringing in other firm resources whenever needed"); and
- Bringing the Best ("All-Stars take the time to explain who and why an attorney is working on their matters").
The lawyers selected to this list "continue to step up client service to world class levels as they face the most uncertainty they have seen in their careers" along with "some of the most complex and novel issues seen in a generation."