At the forefront of energy deals and regulation
We help our clients stay in front of, rather than just react to, changes that will shape the future of the industry. Our lawyers are at the cutting edge of evolving trends that impact the energy industry.
- Clients receive counsel on global transactions and regulatory issues affecting energy and natural resources from our 120+ energy lawyers in our offices worldwide.
- Clients work with our lawyers in the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas sectors, as well as renewable energy, power generation, and transmission; coal, mining, and minerals; shale plays; chemicals/petrochemicals; the entire LNG value chain; and marketing, transportation, and logistics.
- Clients work closely with our lawyers on matters related to disputes, regulatory compliance, competition, state aid rules, infrastructure development, marketing and trading, and M&A transactions.
- We defend clients in government investigations and public and private enforcement actions, including antitrust and merger challenges, cartel prosecutions, and follow-on civil class actions.
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Opdenergy divests majority stake in two solar photovoltaic plants in Mexico totaling 144MWp and forms Vera Renovables
Innogy enters Taiwan's offshore wind market through strategic partnership with Asia Cement Corporation
European Court of Justice Imposes Stringent Environmental Assessment Requirements for Renewable Energy Projects
European Commission Launches Innovation Fund Call for Proposals to Support Innovative Clean Energy Projects