Legal 500 Latin America 2024 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The Legal 500 Latin America 2024 guide ranks Jones Day in 13 practice areas, including a Tier 1 ranking in the category "Mexico Compliance," and 42 lawyer rankings. The lawyer rankings include six Leading Individuals, one Next Generation Partner and three Rising Stars.
Clients praise Jones Day lawyers' for their "adaptability to customer needs" and "pragmatic advice," as well as their "attention to detail, language skills, availability and subject knowledge".
Additional comments from clients include:
- "Jones Day is excellent at synthesizing legal risk with commercial drivers."
- "Among the qualities I highlight: negotiation, adaptation to the environment, teamwork, not only to manage the parties involved, but also to collaborate with other firms and establish common objectives, commercial skills and emotional intelligence."
- "The experience and timely responses makes the team remarkable."
- "The compliance team is top notch and one you can fully trust when you need timely, business savvy advice. "
- "'Global office with high capacities in the local team and with the flexibility to provide efficiencies in cross-border transactions; or, support projects in other jurisdictions from the focal point in Mexico."
Jones Day lawyers ranked as Legal 500 "Leading Individuals" (true market leaders, with long-established reputations in their sector, lead roles in multiple recent significant matters, and exceptional, widespread recognition and endorsement from peers):
- S Wade Angus: International Firms: Corporate and M&A
- Alberto de la Parra: Mexico: Banking and finance; Projects and Infrastructure
- José Estandía: Mexico: Energy and natural resources
- Guillermo Larrea: Mexico: Compliance
- Silvia Malagón: Mexico: Capital markets
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Next Generation Partners" (lawyers with (generally) five years or fewer at partner level, significant recognition from clients and peers in the market, and recent lead roles on multiple matters):
- Roberto Torres: Mexico: Environment
Jones Day lawyers ranked by Legal 500 as "Rising Stars" (associate-level lawyers who appear frequently in significant matters and are widely cited by peers and/or clients):
- Artur Badra: International firms: Corporate and M&A
- Arturo de la Parra: Mexico: Projects and Infrastructure
- Fernando Verdín: Mexico: Energy and Natural Resources
The Latin America edition of The Legal 500 is now in its twelfth year. Its rankings are based on interviews with lawyers and clients, and provide a qualitative assessment of various factors, including work conducted by law firms over the past 12 months and historically; experience and depth of teams, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client.