Women in IP Speaker Series: A Review From the Top: SCOTUS IP Decisions 2023
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
Login details will be provided prior to the event.
During this Term, the U.S. Supreme Court is expected to issue opinions covering trademarks, copyrights, and patents, with decisions implicating fair use, damages, and patent claim enablement.
This presentation will discuss the potential implications of the opinions in the following cases:
- Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. v. Goldsmith (copyright fair use);
- Jack Daniel's Properties, Inc. v. VIP Products LLC (trademark fair use);
- Abitron Austria GmbH v. Hetronic International, Inc. (trademark damages); and
- Amgen Inc., et al., v. Sanofi, et al. (patent claim enablement).
The discussion will cover issues of importance to everyone as the panel examines the extent to which these cases implicate artificial intelligence (AI), the metaverse, pharmaceutical research and development, and more.
We hope you will be able to join us for this informative event. Please note that this program will be presented only as a webinar.
- Meredith M. Wilkes, Partner, Cleveland
- Jennifer Swize, Partner, Washington
- Erin Goebel, Legal Director, Whirlpool Corporation
- Stephanie Mishaga, Associate, San Diego
- Emily Tait, Partner, Detroit
For more information, kindly contact us at email@example.com..
This program has been approved for 1.00 hour of general credit by the State Bar of California and 1.00 hour of areas of professional practice credit (including transitional credit) by the New York State CLE Board. Jones Day is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider, as well as an accredited provider in New York. Application is pending approval by the Minnesota State Board of CLE for 1.00 hour of general CLE credit. Application for CLE credit in other states will be made as needed, subject to state CLE regulations.