COVID and the Construction Industry: An Update
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. AEST
2.00 p.m. – 3.00 p.m. AWST
It has been almost three years since COVID began. During that time, we have seen border closures, varying degrees of governmental restrictions and the development and rollout of vaccination programs around the globe.
There has been an undeniable impact on the construction industry in terms of price and availability of materials, movement of labor resources, and associated delays to projects.
So where do things stand now?Jones Day is pleased to invite you to a panel discussion that will examine what trends we are seeing in relation to:
- Challenges for pricing construction work in the current environment;
- Issues with claiming time and money;
- Insolvency implications for contractors and owners;
- COVID related litigation; and
- Contractual risk allocation in contracts entered into post-commencement of COVID
- Daniel McMillan, Partner, Los Angeles
- James Pickavance, Partner, London
- John Cooper, Partner, Brisbane
- Pip Goldman, Partner, Brisbane
- Simon Bellas, Partner, Melbourne
- James Ebert, Partner, Sydney
We hope you will be able to join us for this discussion.