Regulatory experience deployed globally
Jones Day's government regulation lawyers make a difference for clients by bringing extensive government experience, crisis management, and complex regulatory and litigation skills to bear on difficult government-related problems.
- Our multidisciplinary teams give clients customized regulatory advice through seamless collaboration around the world and across practices.
- We evaluate client problems before they arise by advising on regulatory and liability issues that could affect business transactions and securing necessary regulatory clearances.
- Our lawyers resolve active regulatory compliance issues and advise clients facing major regulatory crises.
- We have a well-established record of successfully representing clients before and against government agencies, in investigations, and in enforcement matters as well as litigation.
- We offer former high-ranking government officials, leading regulatory lawyers in their fields and in their local markets, and practitioners with deep industry knowledge.
Jones Day's insight and experience with REACH covers all regulatory issues (such as compliance checks, substance evaluations, REACH restrictions and authorizations), consortia management as well as related contractual claims and litigation matters.
The firm's 'offices collaborate well' and 'always seem to have a contact or an office in every country.'Chambers 2018 Europe
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Payment systems company obtains regulatory advice relating to payment and transaction management software in Botswana
Payment systems company obtains regulatory advice relating to data protection and privacy in South Africa
Law enforcement training facility successfully protests U.S. Department of State's contract award before GAO
Government of Gabon seeks assistance with review of legal and regulatory framework in its digital and health sectors
JONES DAY TALKS®: Proposed Regs Implement FIRRMA, Expand CFIUS’s Jurisdiction Over Foreign Investments