Solving regulatory and government-facing legal problems in Washington and across the globe
As governments worldwide revisit longstanding assumptions and rules, Jones Day's global team of former high-ranking government officials and leading regulatory lawyers delivers results in high-profile regulatory, crisis, investigatory, enforcement, and litigation matters.
- Our lawyers have shaped and navigated shifting government priorities while serving at the highest levels of government, allowing us to handle significant and sensitive matters at a time of rapid change.
- Our team combines vast government experience with deep industry knowledge to bring practical, solutions-oriented, battle-tested perspectives to high-stakes government-facing problems.
- Our former government officials have handled significant, novel matters in the senior ranks of all three branches of the United States federal government, the European Union, and the French, Japanese, and Mexican governments.
- Our lawyers have successfully managed legal, regulatory, political, and public relations crises in local, state, national, and international arenas, preserving individual and corporate reputations.
- We have a reputation with clients and government agencies alike for technical acumen, clear strategic thinking, and a willingness to challenge the government.
- We are experienced in multi-jurisdictional cross-border matters and the complexities that they present.
Areas of Focus
- Administrative & Agency Litigation
- Aviation & Transportation
- Congressional Investigations
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- Federal & State False Claims Defense
Jones Day's insight and experience with REACH covers all regulatory issues (such as compliance checks, substance evaluations, REACH restrictions and authorizations), consortia management as well as related contractual claims and litigation matters.
The firm's 'offices collaborate well' and 'always seem to have a contact or an office in every country.'Chambers 2018 Europe
Why Jones Day?
One Firm Worldwide®
- Singular Tradition of Client Service and Engagement with the Client
- Mutual Commitment of, and Seamless Collaboration by, a True Partnership
- Formidable Legal Talent Across Specialties and Jurisdictions
- Shared Professional Values Focused on Addressing Client Needs
Eleven members of Congress file amicus brief in support of Philadelphia community in high-profile appeal
Rémy Fekete ranked “Best Lawyer for Sovereigns" and among top 20 of "The 100 Business Lawyers of 2019" by Jeune Afrique Business+ magazine