Tina Tabacchi, Partner-in-Charge of the Chicago Office, is a commercial litigator with a focus on the health care, pharmaceutical, and life sciences industries and on False Claims Act litigation. She has experience in a broad range of federal, state, and administrative proceedings, including multidistrict and class action litigation and matters involving various tort, consumer fraud claims, and RICO. She also has handled Hatch-Waxman intellectual property and pharmaceutical products liability cases, government contract litigation, government and internal investigations, and contract and licensing disputes. In addition, Tina has successfully resolved numerous matters through mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Tina has served as counsel for a national pharmacy in connection with lawsuits asserting claims under the federal False Claims Act, the False Claims Acts of numerous individual states based on purported violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute, state attorney general, and private class action lawsuits. Tina has had substantial responsibility in the Firm's ongoing national representations of several pharmaceutical manufacturer clients in U.S. Department of Justice and state attorney general investigations and related federal, state, and multidistrict consumer class and individual actions. She counsels clients on health care and pharmaceutical compliance, contract, and licensing issues.
Tina serves as a member of the Firm's Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement Committee and on the board of the Chicago Civic Consulting Alliance.
Keeping the False Claims Act Civil: Why FCA damages should be based on the government’s actual losses, Westlaw Journal Health Care Fraud
Supreme Court Decides Validity of Implied False Certification Theory in Universal Health Services v. Escobar
Keeping the False Claims Act Civil: Why FCA Damages Should Be Based on the Government's Actual Losses, The Government Contractor
Supreme Court Affirms Narrow Scope of Wartime Suspension of Limitations Act, Interprets False Claims Act "First to File" Rule
- April 12, 2018Symposium on Women Lawyers in the Courtroom United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- January 26, 2018Women in Law Summit Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- June 11, 2015Jones Day MCLE University - Chicago
- June 12, 2014Jones Day MCLE University - Chicago
- May 6, 2014The Continuing Expansion of Health Care Enforcement by U.S. and International Authorities: Key Developments and Implications for the Future
- June 6, 2013Jones Day Chicago 2013 MCLE University
- April 9-10, 2013Jones Day 2013 Chicago Health Care Conference
- June 7, 2012Jones Day Chicago 2012 MCLE University
- March 11-12, 2009Tracking the Evolution of MDL 1456, American Conference Institute's 7th Annual Advanced Forum on Government Regulation of Prescription Drug Pricing
- The Ohio State University (J.D. 1991; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Law Journal); Miami University (A.B. magna cum laude 1988; Phi Beta Kappa)
- Illinois; U.S. District Courts for the Northern (Trial Bar), Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois and the Western Districts of Wisconsin and Michigan; and U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal, First, Seventh, Eighth, and Tenth Circuits
Best Lawyers in America in the area of Litigation — Health Care (2015-2019)
Illinois Super Lawyers (2015-2018)
Chambers USA in the area of Litigation (2013-2017)
Named one of "2017 Top Women Lawyers in Leadership" by Women's Bar Association of Illinois
Named one of "The Most Powerful and Influential Women in Illinois" by the National Diversity Council (2012); Multicultural Leadership Award, Illinois Leadership Conference (2014)
- Law Clerk to Judge William W. Bivins, New Mexico Court of Appeals (1991 term)