Gerjanne te Winkel has more than 25 years of experience in corporate and commercial litigation with a focus on shareholders disputes, takeover battles, securities litigation, director & professional liability, and tort litigation. She has specific experience in corporate disputes cases involving mismanagement in proceedings before the Enterprise Division of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal. Gerjanne has been involved in many landmark cases including representing Europe's largest cord blood bank, Cryo-Save, against one of its major shareholders, and she represents an investment management firm and a number of related investment funds in a dispute before the Enterprise Division of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal concerning a dilutive rights offering by Delta Lloyd N.V. Gerjanne represented Arch Industries in the groundbreaking matter, Novero, before the Enterprise Division and is currently representing a group of expropriated bondholders in a SNS matter.
Prior to joining Jones Day in 2013, Gerjanne worked at an international law firm for more than 20 years. In milestone cases before the Enterprise Division, she was involved in representing ABN AMRO in its takeover battle with RBS, Fortis, and Santander and in representing Westfield in its takeover battle with RNA and a group of bondholders in their dispute with Getronics. She was lead counsel in a major international arbitration case before the LCIA between the Dutch company JSI and O'Neill Inc. and represented a consortium of banks in an accounts' liability matter concerning Landis, one of the largest IT companies in the Netherlands.
Gerjanne publishes and lectures frequently at law institutes and is a frequent speaker at conferences on civil law and corporate governance topics.
Private shareholders sell Velosophy (Babboe) to Accell Group
Jones Day advised private shareholders on the sale of cargo bike specialist Velosophy (Babboe) to Accell Group.
TMF Netherlands litigates professional liability matter
Jones Day represents TMF Management BV subsidiary TMF Netherlands B.V. in a court case concerning a professional liability matter.
Deli Home & Garden sold to NPM Capital
Jones Day advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale by N.V. Deli Maatschappij of its stake in Deli Home & Garden to NPM Capital and management.
Large privately-held industrial group negotiates resolution of disputes regarding coverage for claims by bankruptcy trustee arising from merger, and costs incurred to defend governmental investigations
Jones Day advises a large privately-held industrial group on negotiation resolution of disputes regarding coverage for claims by bankruptcy trustee arising from merger, and costs incurred to defend governmental investigations.
Former supervisory directors of Fairstar Heavy Transport B.V. defend directors' liability suit
Jones Day represents the former supervisory directors of Fairstar Heavy Transport B.V. in a directors' liability suit initiated by Dockwise N.V. and Fairstar.
Nuon Power Projects pursues damages due to negligent dredging by its CAR-insurer and Boskalis
Jones Day represents Nuon Power Projects I B.V. in a matter against its CAR-insurer and Boskalis N.V., a listed dredging company.
TMF Netherlands litigates professional liability matter
Jones Day represents TMF Netherlands B.V. in a court case concerning a professional liability matter.
Expropriated SNS Reaal bondholders challenge legality of taking and seek compensation from Dutch State
Jones Day represents bondholders in connection with the Dutch State's nationalization of SNS Reaal NV and SNS Bank NV on February 1, 2013.
Arch disputes joint venture with Riamo Holdings GmbH
Jones Day represents Arch Industries BV, a company belonging to the DP Holding Group, in a joint venture dispute with Riamo Holdings GmbH, concerning the Novero Group.
Cryo-Save defends against takeover litigation involving major shareholder
Jones Day represented Cryo-Save in a corporate litigation case before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal against one of its major shareholders.
Be Sued or Be Fined: European Commission Proposes Consumer Protections Expanding Class Actions and Enforcement Powers
- March 2017Note - Jurisprudentie in Nederland
- February 2017The Magna Charta Magazine - First Ladies of Law. Article: Wie heeft de touwtjes in handen binnen de vennootschap?
- February 2017Who controls the company (Wie heeft de touwtjes in handen binnen de vennootschap?), The Magna Charta Magazine – First Ladies of Law, pages 38-41.
- November 2016Wie heeft de touwtjes in handen binnen de vennootschap?
- 2016WCO II and the position of shareholders, Studies of the Association of Corporate Litigation 2015-2016, pages 279-287.
- 2015Conflict of interest - the sense and nonsense of the nullification of a board decision (tegenstrijdig belang – de zin en onzin van de vernietiging van een besluit). Liber Amicorum, presented to Mr. P. Ingelse, former chairman of the the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.
- July 2015Temporary transfer of shares to a custodian (Tijdelijke overdracht van aandelen ten titel van beheer)¸ Studies of the Association of Corporate Litigation 2015-2016, pages 225-240.
- June 1, 2017Course Civil Aspects of Fraud Offenses for BijzonderStrafrecht.nl Academie
- November 17, 2016Class Actions Worldview: Emerging Issues Across the Globe, Association of Corporate Counsel
- October 14, 2016Seminar Crisis: How to Manage?
- Universiteit Utrecht (LL.M. 1988)
- Highly recommended by The Legal 500 for dispute resolution: commercial litigation (2017)
- Dutch and English