Chambers Asia-Pacific 2024 ranks leading Jones Day practices and lawyers
The 2024 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific ranked Jones Day in 27 practice areas, including Band 1 rankings in Intellectual Property (Asia-Pacific Region) and Corporate/M&A (Singapore), and recognized the Firm's lawyers with 32 individual rankings.
Clients laud Jones Day lawyers for being "pragmatic and strong commercially and technically," as well as for "providing clear guidance for the most complex of matters." Clients also praise the Firm's ability to "handle complex matters, diving into the technical details, but also providing an overall strategic picture and direction," and highlight that "the work is always well-researched and executed very diligently."
Additional comments from clients include:
- "They are exceptional at handling complex issues that inevitably arise. They are proactive and commercially focused and always find a way to solve the problem while often under extremely difficult deadlines."
- "They are technically excellent with a depth of experience which is demonstrated by a strong ability to work with both the deal teams and the C-suite."
- "They are commercially strategic and have an eye for where our business might be heading. They also understand global markets and future product developments and customer shifts internationally."
- "Their work products are sophisticated, their responses are swift, and their advice is practicable."
- "The Firm makes complex issues easy to understand. The team's advice is straightforward and logical, and they are always client-friendly."
Jones Day is recognized as a top law firm across the Asia-Pacific Region in five practices:
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Projects & Infrastructure
The Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings, based on interviews with lawyers, clients, and third-party experts, look at a broad range of qualities, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial vision and business understanding, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.