With more than 20 years' experience, Dr. Dieter Strubenhoff litigates and arbitrates on behalf of clients in matters related to corporate and commercial disputes in both national and international fora. He advises and represents clients in domestic and international arbitration proceedings, with a focus on mediation. Dieter also has acted as arbitrator in DIS, ICC, VIAC, and other arbitration proceedings.
Dieter's practice focuses on complex corporate and commercial disputes in various sectors and industries including disputes relating to M&A, energy, national and international trade, projects and construction, cartel damages, product liability, and insolvencies. He also advises on compliance issues and represents clients in compliance-related disputes, particularly those regarding the enforcement of and defense against damages claims. Dieter practiced in Moscow between 2000 and 2002 and has broad experience advising and representing clients in disputes relating to Russia and Central and Eastern Europe.
Dieter is a frequent speaker on litigation and arbitration-related topics and is the author of several dispute-related publications. He is a member of several legal organizations, including the DIS, the Law Society in London, and the IBA.
Aurora Resurgence sells Alltub Group to One Equity Partners
Jones Day advised Aurora Resurgence in the sale of portfolio company Alltub Group to One Equity Partners.
Development bank advised on enforcement of facilities to Kyrgyztan borrower
Jones Day advised a leading emerging market development bank on a number of complex cross-border enforcement and recognition issues in respect of a Kyrgyzstani borrower with English law facilities, but relevant security and assets in Kyrgyzstan, Germany, Russia and Uzbekistan.
DPD acquires DPD Systemlogistik
Jones Day advised DPD GeoPost (Deutschland) GmbH, a subsidiary of La Poste S.A., in its acquisition of DPD Systemlogistic GmbH & Co. KG from General Logistics Systems Germany GmbH & Co. OHG, a subsidiary of Royal Mail Group Limited.
European constructor disputes innovative electrical installation on offshore fixed platform for North Sea wind farm
Jones Day represents a European constructor in a dispute with a customer under an EPCI contract for the innovative electrical installation on an offshore fixed platform for a North Sea wind farm.
European holding company negotiates terms for charter parties
Jones Day is advising a European holding company on terms of proposed charter parties for ships to carry iron ore, coal, oil, and oil products.
PLDS Germany GmbH sells business units to Magna International Inc.
Jones Day advised PLDS Germany GmbH in its sale of the head-up display and electronic components business units in Wetzlar, Germany and the ultrasonic sensor business in Hsinchu, Taiwan to Magna International Inc.
Global car manufacturer involved in claims arising out of car glass cartel
Jones Day is representing a global car manufacturer in German court proceedings in connection with antitrust claims arising out of the car glass cartel.
Japanese industrial group seeks advice in post M&A dispute involving purchase price adjustments
Jones Day is advising and representing a Japanese industrial group in relation to a post M&A dispute on purchase price adjustments in the chemicals sector.
Be Sued or Be Fined: European Commission Proposes Consumer Protections Expanding Class Actions and Enforcement Powers
Recast Brussels I Regulation: The Abolition of Exequatur and the Amendment to Rules Relating to the Enforceability of Jurisdiction Clause
- May 2018EU Consumer Rights Enforcement—Penalties Ahead
- May 2018German Government Releases Draft Act on Class Actions in Germany
- April 2018Be Sued or Be Fined: European Commission Proposes Consumer Protections Expanding Class Actions and Enforcement Powers
- April 2018Germany Plans Class Action Legislation in 2018
- January 2017EU Regulation on Cross-Border Preservation of Accounts Now in Force
- March 2015Recast Brussels I Regulation: The Abolition of Exequatur and the Amendment to Rules Relating to the Enforceability of Jurisdiction Clause
- December 2011Antitrust Alert: European Union General Court Grants Access to the European Commission’s Files to Private Antitrust Plaintiff
- 1. November 2011DIS40: Die Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit in Russland und den Nachfolgestaaten der Sowjetunion – Praktische Bedeutung für internationale Unternehmen, rechtliche Besonderheiten und die Gretchenfrage nach der Vollstreckbarkeit (Arbitration in Russia and the successor states of the Soviet Union - practical relevance to international undertakings, legal particularities and the crucial question of enforceability)
- September 24, 2010Ambiguous Arbitration Clauses – consequences and strategies, DIS Regional Group Baltic States
- Second State Examination (Berlin, 1997); University of Hamburg (Dr. jur. 1997); First State Examination (Hamburg, 1994)
- Federal Republic of Germany and England & Wales
- English, French, German, Russian