Dr. Ralf Recknagel has more than 20 years of in-depth experience in complex cross-border and domestic M&A, private equity, and distressed transactions. He also frequently advises on joint ventures, group restructuring matters, shareholders' agreements, and corporate governance and compliance issues.
Ralf represents international and domestic corporates and also has a strong focus and extensive experience in advising family-owned businesses. In addition, he represents clients in the pipe and tube, leisure, pharmaceutical, automotive, energy, entertainment, and advertising sectors.
Ralf worked for leading international law firms in Frankfurt am Main and London prior to joining Jones Day. During his law studies he worked as journalist for leading German news agencies and a news magazine. Ralf teaches corporate law at the University of Düsseldorf. He has spoken on various occasions on corporate and transactional legal topics and, most recently, on the implications of Brexit.
Flowchem acquired by KMG for $495 million
Jones Day advised Flowchem LLC, a portfolio company of Arsenal Capital Partners, in its $495 million acquisition by KMG Chemicals, a leading global provider of specialty chemicals.
Schulz Holding sells U.S. and German Business to Precision Castparts Corp.
Jones Day advised Schulz Holding GmbH & Co., KG ("Schulz"), a Germany based global piping manufacturer, in the sale of its U.S. and German Business to Precision Castparts Corp., a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Teradyne acquires Universal Robots for $285 million
Jones Day advised Teradyne, Inc. in its $285 million acquisition of Universal Robots, a leading supplier of collaborative robots: low-cost, easy-to-deploy, and simple-to-program robots that work side by side with production workers to improve quality and increase manufacturing efficiency.
- 2012Compliance breaches - right to rescind M&A agreements?, FInance Magazine
- 2011EU Directive on Alternative Investment Fund Managers - A New Legal Framework for the Management of Alternative Funds, Der Betrieb
- 2008Good Leaver or Bad Leaver, Finance Magazine
- Frequently 2011Doing Business in Germany
- Frequently 2011EU Directive on Alternative Investment Fund Managers - New Legal Framework for the Management of Alternative Investment Funds
- Frequently 2011Lectures for corporate law, Universität Düsseldorf
- University of Mainz (Dr. jur. magna cum laude 1999); Second State Examination (Mainz, 1998); University of Mainz (First State Examination 1996); University of Leipzig (Journalism Studies, 1990-1991)
- Federal Republic of Germany
- English, German