Driven to protect and enforce intellectual property rights, Anna Raimer works with clients to design and implement worldwide trademark protection programs, strengthen their IP portfolios, and resolve domestic and international trademark disputes.
Anna has significant experience managing international brands for clients. She counsels clients regarding the development and protection of intellectual property assets in industries ranging from personal care products to automotive goods to sports and entertainment services to energy. Anna oversees all aspects of trademark clearance, prosecution, and maintenance, and she advises on trademark and copyright issues in license agreements and commercial transactions.
Anna assists clients in policing, enforcing, and defending their intellectual property rights worldwide. She represents clients in enforcement actions in courts throughout the United States in cases involving trademark and trade dress infringement, copyright infringement, false advertising, unfair competition, and misappropriation of trade secrets, as well as opposition and cancellation actions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the Patent and Trademark Office. She also counsels clients on the use and enforcement of trademarks on the internet, and she represents clients in domain name disputes. Anna is an adjunct professor at the University of Houston Law Center, teaching internet law.
Anna is vice chair of the USPTO Operations Relating to Trademarks Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law and a member of the International Trademark Association's Publications Committee. She also served on the board of directors for the Association of Women Attorneys Houston. Anna is a coauthor of O'Connor's Federal Intellectual Property Codes Plus, 2017-2018.
- Summer 2017Standing Still: Denial of Certiorari in Belmora LLC v. Bayer Consumer Care AG Leaves Question on Standing for Foreign Plaintiff’s Unfair Competition Claims, New Matter, Vol. 42 No. 2
- August 5, 2011Beware of Trademark Infringement in Keyword Advertising, Houston Business Journal
- April 19, 2018Ethical Issues in Emerging Technologies: Wearable Technology, 3D Printing, and Autonomous Vehicles, Moderator, American Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Conference
- May 24, 20173D Printing and Trademark Rights: Issue or Opportunity?, Moderator, INTA Annual Meeting Table Topic
- April 19, 2017Entering Difficult Jurisdictions, Host, International Trademark Association Roundtable
- July 16, 2015Non-Traditional Trademarks, host, International Trademark Association Roundtable
- May 15, 2015Controversial Trademarks, Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association Spring 2015 CLE Seminar
- March 29, 2015Creating a Scandal: Immoral and Disparaging Trademarks, State Bar of Texas 28th Annual Advanced Intellectual Property Law Course
- February 18, 2015Managing Global Enforcement Matters, host, International Trademark Association Roundtable
- January 27, 2015Is the demise of IP at the hands of 3D Printing greatly exaggerated?, facilitator, ABA Intellectual Property Litigation Committee JAN/FEB 2015 Roundtable
- September 18, 2014The Redskins: Disparaging Trademark Rejections at the USPTO, ABA CLE, moderator
- September 12, 2014Understanding Intellectual Property: Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights and More
- January 22, 2014gTLDs: Protecting Your Brand, host, International Trademark Association Roundtable
- June 26, 2012Trademark Law and Practice Updates Around the World, host, International Trademark Association Roundtable
- January 2008IP in the Virtual World, Jones Day MCLE University
- The University of Texas at Austin (J.D. with honors 2004); Newcomb College, Tulane University (B.A. cum laude 2000; Phi Beta Kappa)
- Texas, California, all district courts in California, U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Federal Circuits
Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2017)
Houstonia Magazine, "Top Lawyer" (2017-2018)