Danielle Leneck's practice focuses on antitrust litigation in state and federal courts. She has extensive experience in factual investigation, offensive and defensive discovery including depositions and witness preparation, motions practice, and trial. The clients she has represented have operated in a wide variety of business sectors and industries, including oil and gasoline refining and marketing, health care, aviation, transportation, and telecommunications.
Danielle's recent matters include a full and unanimous defense verdict for Sutter Health in a month-long antitrust class action trial alleging Sutter restrained competition by forcing insurers to include certain hospitals in their provider networks and preventing them from steering patients to other hospitals; obtaining summary judgment for Marathon Petroleum in an antitrust class action in which plaintiffs alleged that Marathon and other major gas refiners conspired to reduce supply and inflate gas prices and sought $72 billion in treble damages; defending a Class I railroad in two antitrust multidistrict litigations in which hundreds of plaintiffs allege a price-fixing conspiracy through the application of fuel surcharges; and defending a Japanese capacitor manufacturer against an add-on price-fixing class action litigation following a Department of Justice (DOJ) guilty plea.
Danielle is actively involved in her local community. She maintains a devoted pro bono practice that focuses on representing clients seeking political asylum. In addition, she serves on the Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement Committee in the Los Angeles Office and represents Jones Day as its sitting member on both the Young Leaders Division of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers and the New Leadership Council and Executive Committee of Bet Tzedek.
- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D. 2016; Vice President, Moot Court Honors Program; Vice President, Law Mock Trial Association; Order of Barristers; Statue of Justice [highest honor in Order of Barristers]; Recipient: Barry A. Capello Endowment Fund Award and Association of Business Trial Lawyers Scholarship Award); New York University (B.A. in Pre-law and Print Journalism cum laude 2005; Dean's List; Dean's Honor Society; Founder's Day Award for Academic Excellence)
- California; U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California and the Southern District of New York; and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- Intern, Los Angeles County Public Defender (Summer 2014)
- "Lawyer to Watch" Award, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section, California Lawyers Association (2023)
- Extern to Judge Alex Kozinski, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (Fall 2015)