PLI's Internal Investigations 2022
PLI New York
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
and via webinar
9:00 am - 4:30 pm ET
From commencement to conclusion, lawyers face numerous issues when conducting an internal investigation. Allegations by a whistleblower, ethical dilemmas, and managing the costs of an investigation are just some of the challenges that may arise. Companies and their counsel must anticipate potential risks and quickly resolve all issues before, during, and after the investigation. At this program, PLI's faculty will review the fundamentals of conducting an effective and efficient investigation using a real-world hypothetical with animated video to bring the story to life. Leave the program with a better understanding of how to handle investigations successfully for your clients or company. Jones Day partner James Loonam will speak during the panel discussion titled "Concluding the Internal Investigation."
- How to determine the nature and scope of the investigation
- Best practices to address document retention and data privacy issues
- Tips to effectively manage labor and employment law issues
- How to protect the attorney-client and work product privileges
- Insights into how the government uses, evaluates, and weighs internal investigations and how to tailor your investigation accordingly
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDITS
Registration for this event is required. For CLE credit information and to register, visit the Practising Law Institute website.