Diane Sénéchal focuses on banking and finance matters with a particular emphasis on the financing of acquisitions of listed and nonlisted companies (leveraged buyouts and strategic acquisitions) for all types of lenders (credit funds and banks), borrowers, and sponsors. She has significant experience in debt restructuring, acting for lenders and borrowers.
Diane has worked extensively on matters in the infrastructure sector regarding greenfield and brownfield projects. She also has experience with financing for the life science sector including by way of bespoke structured financings, acting for specialised debt funds. She has advised lenders on many high-level transactions and also has in-depth experience in corporate finance, including various types of receivables-based financing. Diane practiced for 14 years at an international law firm in Paris prior to joining Jones Day in 2015.
Diane is a member of the AFTE ("Association Française des Trésoriers d'Entreprise") legal committee as well as the contract law workgroup within the "Haut Comité Juridique de la Place Financière de Paris."
The following represents experience acquired prior to joining Jones Day.
Advised Barclays and CADIF in connection with the refinancing of Gras Savoye.
Advised BNP Paribas and HSBC in connection with investment-grade bridge-to-bonds.
Advised LBO France with the debt aspects of the acquisition of Alvest International.
Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners and Webhelp SAS with several significant acquisitions (debt aspects) and with the refinancing of Webhelp SAS (followed by a recapitalization).
Advised CBP group with certain aspects of its financing.
Advised all senior lenders to WHA Holding SAS (Winoa Group), including KKR, Davidson Kempner, and Sankaty, in connection with the restructuring of the debt of the Winoa group (lenders' led).
Advised all senior lenders to the JOA Group in connection with the restructuring of its indebtedness, including Alchemy and Davidson Kempner (lenders' led).
Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on the debt aspects of the sale of Nocibé.
Advised a major U.S. bank in connection with a significant margin loan.
Advised Crédit Agricole CIB on the financing of the sale of the Sermeta Group (ex-Giannoni) to Mr. Le Mer.
Advised The Royal Bank of Scotland on several significant investment-grade bilateral facilities.
Advised JC Flowers and CHG Participations in connection with the auction process for the sale of Siaci Saint Honoré (debt aspects).
- 13 mars 2017Financements et désintermédiation : une nouvelle étape est-elle franchie ?, Capital Finance
- November 2016Les enjeux de la réforme du droit des obligations dans les opérations de financement ou de couverture - La Lettre du trésorier AFTE n°340 p25
- January - February 2016Financements, désintermédiation et réintermédiation : quels enjeux ? - Revue de Droit Bancaire et Financier
- June 201280% des gros projets Greenfield sont derrière vous - Magazine des affaires
- December 2011L'avocat citoyen - La Lettre des juristes d'affaires
- December 2011Les clauses contractuelles s'adaptent à l'épreuve de la liquidité - Capital Finance
- December 2004Cegelec : les contraintes d'un refinancement par titrisation - Option Finance
- 27 juin 2016Séminaire AFTE relatif à la réforme du droit des obligations : « Réforme du droit français des contrats - Impacts sur vos opérations d’investissement, de cash management, de financement et de couverture des risques » Jones Day Paris
- 2 juin 2015IIR’s Annual Private Debt & Mezzanine Finance Conference
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne (DEA [postgraduate degree] in Business Law 1991); University of Paris II-Panthéon Assas (Maîtrise in Business and Tax Law 1990)
Listed yearly in Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, and The Legal 500 EMEA
"One source praises the way she ‘went beyond the call of duty to get us a solution that worked in a tough environment’" (Chambers Global, 2016)
- English, French