Michael Pabst has a broad practice encompassing various finance, corporate, and restructuring matters. His clients include financial institutions, sponsors, borrowers, and issuers. He regularly advises on financings, restructurings, and special situations including: acquisition finance, distressed lending, restructurings, securitizations and structured finance, portfolio and single credit acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital matters.
Michael also advises on project and emerging market transactions, with a particular focus on metals and mining transactions, including mine development, M&A, joint ventures, and restructurings.
Cineworld Group completes asset monetization strategies in United States through cinema sale-leaseback transactions
Jones Day advised UK headquartered, Cineworld Group PLC in connection with an asset monetization strategy in the United States involving a combined cash consideration of $556.3 million cinema sale-leaseback transactions to convert a substantial portion of Cineworld’s U.S. real estate holdings into cash to leverage its equity and optimize efficiency.
Houlihan Lokey acts as financial advisor in up to £3.9 billion (US$5.2 billion) acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral Group plc
Jones Day advised Houlihan Lokey EMEA, LLP in its capacity as financial adviser to GVC Holdings PLC in connection with its up to £3.9 billion (US$5.2 billion) cash and share combination with Ladbrokes Coral Group plc.
Central Asia Metals acquires Lynx Resources Limited for $402.5 million
Jones Day represented Central Asia Metals PLC ("CAML") in connection with its acquisition of Lynx Resources Limited, which owns the SASA zinc-lead mine in Macedonia, for US$402.5 million and the connected equity fundraise of £113 million (US$153.5 million).
Canyon Partners and Bain Capital Credit sell QHotels to Aprirose for £525 million
Jones Day represented Canyon Partners and Bain Capital Credit, in connection with its sale of the QHotels portfolio to Aprirose, a real estate investment company, for £525 million (US$706 million).
Leading international energy company expands presence in competitive energy markets in United States
Jones Day provides counseling and representation to a leading international energy company in connection with its expansion into competitive U.S. energy markets regulated at the state and federal level.
Caley Limited sells Barbon Holdings to Carlyle Group
Jones Day represented Caley Limited in connection with the sale of Barbon Holdings Limited, a provider of tenant referencing and insurance products to the UK private rental sector, to the Carlyle Group.
Goldman Sachs purchases portfolio of Italian commercial and residential real estate assets from Royal Bank of Scotland and enters into related joint venture with First Atlantic Real Estate
Jones Day advised Goldman Sachs International in connection with its purchase of a portfolio of Italian commercial and residential real estate assets from The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and the entry into a related joint venture with First Atlantic Real Estate to manage and develop the value of the assets.
Liquidators seek advice in relation to dissolution of BVI limited partnership
Jones Day is acting as lead advisers to Kenneth Krys and John Greenwood of KRyS Global in their capacity as joint dissolution trustees of Value Discovery Partners L.P. ("VDP"), a very substantial private equity fund.
Arora Hotels restructures its secured debts
Jones Day represented the creditors of Arora Hotels in connection with the restructuring of its secured facilities.
Joint venture between Sankaty Advisors and Canyon Capital Advisors acquires six former hotels from De Vere Group
Jones Day advised Sankaty Advisors, LLC and Canyon Capital Advisors LLC in their joint venture acquisition by QHotels of six luxury hotels in England and Scotland from the De Vere Group.
Committee of Senior Lenders to Codere restructures debts of insolvent Codere Group and successfully exits from insolvent group
Jones Day advised the Committee of Senior Lenders to Codere S.A. in connection with the restructuring of the debts of the insolvent Codere Group and their subsequent successful exit from the insolvent group.
Cosgrave Property Group restructures its debt
Jones Day advised an investment management firm in connection with the acquisition and subsequent restructuring of a portfolio of loans advanced to the Cosgrave Property Group ("CPG") and originally provided by Ulster Bank.
Canyon Capital and Sankaty Advisors acquire loan portfolio secured by QHotels Group from Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited
Jones Day advised Canyon Capital Advisors LLC and Sankaty Advisors, LLC in the acquisition of a portfolio of loans secured by QHotels Group from Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited.
Base Resources finances second amendment of Kwale Mineral Sands Project
Jones Day advised Base Resources Limited, a minerals exploration and development company, in connection with the second amendment of its existing financing of the Kwale Mineral Sands Project in Kenya.
Base Resources increases existing facility for Kwale Mineral Sands Project
Jones Day advised Base Resources Limited, a minerals exploration and development company, in an increase to its existing facility in connection with the Kwale Mineral Sands Project in Kenya.
Investment bank completes PIPE investment in Nigerian telecommunications company
Jones Day advised an investment bank in connection with its PIPE investment in the publicly traded equity of a Nigerian telecommunications company.
Global financial institution finances purchase of mining equipment in Ghana and Mali
Jones Day acted on behalf of a global financial institution in connection with a $60 million secured facility provided to a company for the purchase of mining equipment in Ghana and Mali.
Goldman Sachs sells stake in DNick to Wickeder Westfalenstahl
Jones Day provided advice to Goldman Sachs' European Special Situations Group in connection with the takeover by Wickeder Westfalenstahl GmbH ("Wickeder") of DNick Holding plc ("DNick"), a UK corporation traded in the German unregulated market (Freiverkehr), including the subsequent sale of Goldman Sachs' approximately 23% stake in DNick to Wickeder.
Investment banking and securities firm acts as initial purchaser in $150 million bond offering by Nigerian oil and gas producer
Jones Day advised the initial purchaser in connection with the placing of $150 million of Guaranteed Convertible Bonds due 2014 by a Nigerian oil and gas producer.
Informal Committee of Creditors wins application for compulsory liquidation of company as investigations continue into controversial pre-packaged administration of Hellas
Jones Day advised an Informal Committee of subordinated noteholders ("Committee") of Hellas Telecommunications (Luxembourg) II S.C.A (the "Company") during a two year investigation conducted by the Company's Administrators into the circumstances surrounding the pre-packaged administration in which the noteholders saw their €1.24 billion investment wiped out.
- December 2017EuroResource—Deals and Debt | December 2017
- August 2017European Commission Consultation: Developing the Secondary Market for Non-Performing Loans
- March 2017EuroResource—Deals & Debt
- September 2016EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- August 2016EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- June 2016Brexit: United Kingdom Votes to Leave the EU
- June 2016EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- April 2016EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- October 2015EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- June 2015EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- March 2015EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- February 2015EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- January 2015EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- November 2014EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- September 2014EuroResource-Deals and Debt
- October 2014EuroResource—Deals and Debt | Special Sovereign Debt Edition
- August 2014EuroResource-Deals and Debt
- July 2014EuroResource-Deals and Debt
- June 2014EuroResource-Deals and Debt
- May 2014EuroResource-Deals and Debt
- April 2014EuroResource-Deals and Debt
- February 2014EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- January 2014EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- December 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- November 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- October 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- September 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- August 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- August 2013Hold-Outs Beware: UK Schemes of Arrangement and Chapter 11 Lie in Wait
- July 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- July 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt | Special Labour Edition
- June 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- May 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- April 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- March 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- January 2013EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- December 2012EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- September 2012EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- August 2012EuroResource—Deals and Debt
- October 2011EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- September 2011EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- August 2011EuroResource--Deals and Debt
- Bond University (LL.B. 1991)
- England & Wales and Victoria (Australia)
- Listed in the elite "Leading Lawyers" list from The Legal 500 UK (2013) guide to outstanding lawyers nationwide for "Projects, energy and natural resources — mining and minerals" and also recommended for "Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans" and "Finance — emerging markets"