Richard Grabowski, Partner-in-Charge of the Irvine Office, has served as lead counsel on more than 100 federal and state consumer class actions in a variety of jurisdictions. He has broad class action experience involving a range of industries and claims, including FCRA, TCPA, CROA, and UCL claims. Richard also has served as lead counsel in responding to parallel governmental investigations including the FTC, CFPB, and various state Attorneys General.
Richard is currently lead defense counsel in 48 consumer class actions consolidated in the Central District of California arising out of a breach of T-Mobile subscriber data. He also recently obtained summary judgment in 31 consolidated consumer actions in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona based upon a statutory interpretation question of first impression. In addition, Richard has extensive experience in trade secret and unfair competition disputes.
He is a member of the board of directors of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers and is a member of the Federal Bar Association, the Orange County Bar Association, and a Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference.
- June 28, 1999On the Road, California Law Business
- January 11, 2019Consumer Class Actions 2019 Conference
- October 3, 20082008 Class Action & UCL Litigation Conference
- November 4, 2007Class Action Fairness Act: 2007 Update
- April 6 & 7, 2006Class Action Fairness Act Update and Electronic Notice Issues in Class Settlements, 2006 Class Action Conference
- November 4, 2004Overview of Federal Rule 23 and Class Action Fairness Act, Class Action Litigation in California Conference
- September 30, 2003Ask the Experts: Electronic Document Retention and Discovery, CEB
- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D. 1986; Order of the Coif); California State University, Long Beach (B.A. with great distinction 1983)
- California, U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits, and U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, and Southern California Super Lawyers