Kristi Cercone represents clients in all phases of litigation and alternative dispute resolution and focuses her practice on the defense of product liability and mass tort cases involving pharmaceutical and medical device companies. In addition to her mass tort experience, Kristi regularly represents clients in matters before the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and advises clients on risk minimization, regulatory reporting obligations, warranties, and CPSC product recalls.
Kristi also has represented companies facing data privacy and cybersecurity-related litigation and regulatory inquiries and counsels clients on data collection, use, security, and disclosure policies.
Kristi has significant experience addressing the unique litigation issues facing the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, including those related to the highly regulated environment they operate in and the specialized body of case law that has developed relating to those product liability claims. Prior to joining Jones Day in 2014, Kristi defended a major pharmaceutical company against mass tort product liability allegations in both multidistrict litigation and related proceedings in several states.
Kristi maintains an active pro bono practice, having represented clients through Cabrini Green Legal Aid, the National Immigrant Justice Center, as well as other clients in need. She currently serves as chair of the Grant Park Music Festival's Associates Council.
- May 5, 2016Office of the Governor - General Counsel's Office, CLE panelist, Supreme Court Review: October Term 2015 and Beyond
- Harvard University (J.D. cum laude 2011; Comments Editor, Harvard Environmental Law Review); Illinois Wesleyan University (B.A. magna cum laude 2008)
- Illinois, California, and District of Columbia
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Honors Law Program (2009)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Ruggero J. Aldisert, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (2011-2012)