For more than 20 years, Erin Burke has represented multinational companies in high-stakes complex litigation in toxic tort, mass tort, product liability, contested bankruptcy, health care, and unfair competition matters. She has litigated individual and class action matters throughout the U.S. representing notable clients in the aviation, consumer goods, semiconductor, off-road vehicle, safety equipment, pesticide, hospital, investment management, and automotive industries. Erin is the Administrative Partner for the Los Angeles and Irvine offices.
Erin's experience is illuminated by her trial experience. She defended Yamaha in multijurisdiction litigation, coordinating hundreds of cases in the western United States, and in two bellwether trials. The California jury verdict was recognized as a "top defense verdict" of 2011. In another matter, Erin defended Dole in a trial involving claims of sterility due to pesticide exposure on farms in Nicaragua. She represented IBM in a high-profile case involving complex issues of chemical exposure and alleged health effects in IBM's clean rooms. The unanimous jury verdict was recognized as a top defense verdict of 2004. In a recent bench trial, Erin represented dozens of investment funds in an adversarial proceeding stemming from the GM bankruptcy.
Erin serves on the board of governors for the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles. She is also a trustee for Olive Crest (serving at risk children and families) and serves on Center Theater Group's Corporate Circle Cabinet.
- March 31, 2016Los Angeles Women’s History Month Celebration
- October 4, 2012Jones Day Hosts California Client Development Event for Women
- January 26, 2012The Ethical Pitfalls and Considerations of Social Media in Litigation, Jones Day MCLE University
- January 2008In the Minds of Jurors – a case study based on interviews of the jurors in the Tellez v. Dole Food Co. trial, Long Beach Inns of Court
- October 2006E-Discovery – Impact of New Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, ACCA Presentation
- April 4, 2006Panel Discussion With District Court Judge Schira A. Scheindlin, author of the Zubulake Opinions, at ACC-SoCal Doubleheader
- September 20, 2005Health Care Executive Compensation Under Fire: How to Survive the Onslaught
- University of California, Davis (J.D. 1996; Order of Barristers); California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.S. magna cum laude 1993)
- California, all U.S. District Courts in California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Individually recommended in The Legal 500 2015 rankings in product liability and mass tort defense: aerospace/aviation