How Non-European Companies Will be Impacted by the EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) and Why They Need to Act Now
12:00 - 1:00 pm EST
The EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) has far-reaching implications for companies doing business in the European Union.
The CSRD will apply to many international companies including those headquartered in the United States, starting as early as January 1, 2024. The CSRD is the most detailed and extensive set of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) reporting requirements anywhere in the world. Complying with the CSRD will present numerous complex legal and practical challenges.
In this webinar, Ramboll and Jones Day will provide a practical, hands-on workshop on the intricacies of CSRD compliance, particularly for non-EU companies, and how to prepare.
The program will cover:
- The who, what, and when of CSRD applicability
- A practical guide to analyzing complex corporate structures and highlighting specific matters relating to issuers of securities in the EU
- Conducting a 'gap' analysis against current ESG disclosure
- What 'value chain' means and how to conduct a 'double materiality' assessment
- Implementing ESG-related policies and procedures
- Hands-on tips to manage legal risks arising out of the new disclosure obligations