PLI's Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2023 New York
117 West 46th Street
New York, NY
and via webinar
Scott Levine and Kelly Rubin, partners in the Firm's Tax Practice, will participate in panel discussions at this three-day program. They will join other tax practitioners from law firms, accounting firms, corporations, and academia from across the United States, along with policymakers from the IRS and the Department of the Treasury.
The program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations.
Topics will include:
- Key risk allocation issues when negotiating and drafting provisions in acquisition agreements
- Relative merits of taxable transactions versus tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs, and when it is best to employ one transaction over another
- Impact of the new corporate alternative minimum tax ("CAMT") and the share repurchase excise tax on M&A transactions
- Tax benefits of using partnerships, and other passthrough entities, in joint ventures or as acquiring entities
- Tax efficient strategies in the acquisition of loss companies
- Impact of new and evolving rules on cross-border acquisitions and restructurings
- Ethical pitfalls you may encounter when providing tax opinions and recommending return positions
Mr. Levine will participate in a discussion on "Cross Border Acquisitions and Divestitures" and Ms. Rubin will participate in a panel on "Interesting Corporate Transactions of the Past Year."
REGISTRATION AND CLE CREDITS
For more information on this webinar, including registration and CLE details, please visit "Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2023 New York" on the PLI website.