PLI's Advanced Trade Secrets 2023: New Challenges, New Solutions, and New Opportunities
455 Market Street, Suite 2300
San Francisco, CA
and via webinar
9:00 am - 5:00 pm PT
Randy Kay, a partner in the Firm's Intellectual Property Practice, will participate in a panel on "Managing Trade Secrets Disputes in Multiple Tribunals" at PLI's "Advanced Trade Secrets 2023: New Challenges, New Solutions, and New Opportunities" program.
Trade secrets can be among an organization's most valuable assets – when you know how to identify, protect, and safely share them. Trade secrets law can protect cutting edge technologies, improvements to mature technologies, new combinations of well-known information and a host of valuable technical and strategic information in between. But misappropriation and claims of misappropriation can derail an organization's business strategies—on both sides of the "v." They can even lead to criminal exposure and liability for acts in the United States and abroad. Judgments in the scores of millions of dollars and even more are becoming increasingly common. So are appeals, reversals, and retrials. The importance of trade secrets law and the potential risks to trade secrets are heightened when employees and consultants who have become immersed in trade secrets move to competitors who may be eager to learn them, or who may not have properly gauged and guarded against the risks. But trade secret disputes are not confined to the realm of mobile employees. Sharing trade secrets when pursuing potential mergers, acquisitions, and business collaborations can bring great opportunity but can also place both information and businesses at great risk. To maximize value and reduce risk organizations must stay on top of the latest developments. This full day program brings together experts and thought leaders in the field to help you do just that.
Topics will include:
- What courts, legislatures, agencies, and businesses are thinking about and doing about trade secret issues in the United States and abroad
- How some of the “old rules” are being tweaked and why they can be ignored only with peril
- How to manage trade secret disputes right from the start, often in one or more venues globally
- How exclusive reliance on noncompete agreements can leave trade secrets at risk and how to use alternative ways to protect trade secrets
- How new forms of artificial intelligence can pose new risks to trade secrets—and how they may also offer new solutions
REGISTRATION AND CLE CREDITS
For more information on this webinar, including registration and CLE details, please visit "Advanced Trade Secrets 2023: New Challenges, New Solutions, and New Opportunities" on the PLI website.