"FinAccelerate Empowered by Jones Day" announces 2023 launch
Participating companies to be selected based on the strength of team and innovative technology; applications now open.
Applications are now being accepted for FinAccelerate Empowered by Jones Day, an accelerator program to help selected fintech start-up companies with legal know-how that also connects them with leading financial institutions, investors, and potential joint venture partners in order to accelerate their business. This is the second year of this successful program, and will take place October 10-13, 2023. It will be hosted at the Firm's offices in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
"Last year twenty companies (the cohort companies) were selected to participate in the program. A number of the cohort companies benefited substantially from the program in terms of legal support and from building new commercial relationships with investors and other partners. Once again we seek to bolster innovation and provide an opportunity for others looking to innovate and prosper in the fintech market. Jones Day is at the cutting edge of innovation in the fintech market," said Abradat Kamalpour, a San Francisco-based partner in the Financial Markets Practice, and the partner leading the initiative for the Firm.
"Empowered by Jones Day, FinAccelerate is an award-winning program, having been selected by the National Law Journal for the publication's annual list of 'Legal Technology Trailblazers' that recognizes legal technologies and innovations, and we look forward to working with this new round of companies," added Jay Tambe, Practice Leader for the Firm's Financial Markets Practice.
Designed to support high-quality fintech businesses, FinAccelerate will involve a cohort of 16 to 18 companies. The program is accepting applications, and selected fintech companies will be awarded a place at the four-day program, followed by ongoing engagement. There is no charge to those selected, nor do they have to share any equity stake in order to participate. The structure of the program is as follows:
- Day 1 (October 10): Know-how Sessions: Structured one-hour know-how sessions for the fintech cohort companies covering key areas of: capital markets, regulatory law, IP, corporate structure and funding, data and privacy, employment, tech agreements, and risk management;
- Day 2 (October 11): Q&A Sessions: Small group Q&A know-how sessions that the fintech cohort can book with relevant lawyers presenting on topics from Day 1;
- Day 3 (October 12): Demo Day: The final day will be a demo day where thought leaders are invited to speak and the fintech cohort are given an opportunity to present their companies to an audience of invited institutions, VCs, and investors;
- Day 4 (October 13): Interconnection Day: Meetings: Connect and meet up with influencers and other cohort members hosted at Jones Day offices in a relaxed environment;
- Ongoing Engagement: Ongoing engagement with a strong ecosystem of leading advisors, potential investors, and partners.
Companies will be selected based on the strength of their team members and the innovative technology that they are developing. The program has also secured influential global thought leaders and investors as advisors.
Fintech companies interested in applying to be among the 16 to 18 cohort companies should click here.
FinAccelerate is an intense accelerator program powered by one of the world's leading and largest law firms, Jones Day. The program covers the fundamental areas of law relevant to innovative fintech companies and enables selected fintech businesses to access leading investors, corporations, financial institutions, and potential JV partners to accelerate their business.