Tiffany Lipscomb-Jackson is a seasoned commercial litigator with substantial experience in the petroleum, pharmaceutical, and automotive industries. She has represented clients in numerous state and federal courts and in each phase of litigation, including discovery, motions practice, trial, mediation, and on appeal. Tiffany has extensive experience with multijurisdictional and multiparty matters, including class action civil litigation alleging bid-rigging and price-fixing, and antitrust and consumer protection lawsuits brought by state attorneys general. She has defended allegations of antitrust violations premised on the alleged misuse of intellectual property rights or the regulatory approval processes to extend market exclusivity for brand name drugs.
Tiffany's counseling work on data storage and electronic discovery has helped her develop an interest in emerging e-discovery issues, and she has presented internal and external CLE programs on the subject. Tiffany serves on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit's 12-member Advisory Committee on Rules and on an Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee tasked with evaluating and assisting the Southern District of Ohio in the administration of its ADR Program.
Tiffany also has a robust pro bono practice, which includes successfully representing numerous clients seeking to adopt children and immigrants seeking relief before the U.S. Immigration Court and federal courts of appeal.
- 20112010 Patent Law Decisions of the Federal Circuit: The Advent of "The Rader Court," 60 Am. U. L. Rev. 845
- 2010Associate Editor of 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Employment Discrimination Law, fourth edition, BNA
- 2008Can Congress Squeeze the "Juice" Out of the Professional Sports' Steroid Controversy: The Constitutionality of Congressionally Mandated Drug Testing in Professional Sports, 69 Ohio St. L.J. 303
- October 17, 2018
Jones Day Data Breach Class Actions--an interactive webex covering the rise in data breaches and resulting litigation, what you can do to prepare, and what to do if a breach occurs
- December 13, 2016
Trial Evidence for the Ohio Practitioner: Hearsay
- December 6, 2016
Avoiding "Oops" Antitrust Litigation: An Antitrust Primer for the Non-Antitrust Attorney
- April 9, 2014
Women in eDiscovery: Panel on Cross Border eDiscovery
- April 25, 2012
Rule 26(f) Conferences: How to Prepare and What to Discuss, West LegalEdCenter
- December 2011
Jones Day's Tiffany Lipscomb-Jackson provides advice and insight to students at her alma mater -- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- The Ohio State University (J.D. summa cum laude 2008; Order of the Coif; Note and Comment Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal; B.S. in Biology with honors 2005)
- Ohio, District of Columbia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits, and U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
Member, 2017 Class of Fellows of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, a landmark program created to identify, train, and advance the next generation of leaders in the legal profession
Chair, Jones Day's Columbus Office Women's Initiative (COWI)
- Law Clerk to Judge Karen Nelson Moore, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (2008-2009)