Mike Gosling represents clients on matters in federal, state, and immigration courts, as well as private arbitration and internal and government investigations. He has experience in a wide range of practice areas, including breach of contract, products liability, employment, health care, mass torts, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Mike has first-chaired a trial in immigration court that secured a grant of asylum for the Firm's pro bono client and second-chaired a bench trial in San Diego Superior Court that resulted in a successful defense verdict. In his career, Mike has taken and defended multiple depositions in state and federal court, and he has drafted winning briefs at both the trial and appellate levels.
Before attending law school, Mike played professional baseball for nearly 10 years as a left-handed pitcher. His career included time in Major League Baseball with the Arizona Diamondbacks, Cincinnati Reds, and Cleveland Indians.
- Summer 2018
“A Tale of Two Debuts – My Experiences on the Mound and in the Courtroom,” Association of Business Trial Lawyers of San Diego (Summer 2018), available at http://www.abtl.org/report/sd/abtl-report-summer-2018.pdf
- Stanford University (J.D. 2015; B.A. in Human Biology 2002)
- California and U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California
- Extern, U.S. Attorney's Office, Criminal Division (Winter 2014)
- Named a "One to Watch" in commercial litigation by Best Lawyers in America (2022)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey T. Miller, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California (2016-2017); Extern to the Honorable Cathy Ann Bencivengo, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California (Summer 2013)